• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

Well done on only putting 2lb on Sam and on not bingeing! I am due to weigh tomorrow after being on holiday for 2 weeks! I am dreading it.... but hoping it won't be too bad! Given I used to put on between 7 and 14lb on holiday previously I know it won't be that bad! But any gain will be my first proper gain on my journey so far. Psychologically difficult to adjust to!

Hope you are able to talk to someone about your emotional issues and that it helps. I think your decision about your weight/knee and maintaining is very sensible. Less pressure on yourself is bound to help.

Well done on only putting 2lb on Sam and on not bingeing! I am due to weigh tomorrow after being on holiday for 2 weeks! I am dreading it.... but hoping it won't be too bad! Given I used to put on between 7 and 14lb on holiday previously I know it won't be that bad! But any gain will be my first proper gain on my journey so far. Psychologically difficult to adjust to!

Hope you are able to talk to someone about your emotional issues and that it helps. I think your decision about your weight/knee and maintaining is very sensible. Less pressure on yourself is bound to help.
Thanks @Hannah2 . :hugs: I did get to unload a bit to friend this morning. Hope the scales are kind to you tomorrow and that you had a lovely holiday. If they are not, then try not to let it spoil happy memories. Life has to go on around this process... Having done my first 'proper gain about 6 weeks ago, I can relate to the 'psychologically difficult'. Well done on getting to almost your first A/V without a proper gain. :bunnydance: I wish i could say the same! x

Cannot believe i have lost this week! Just under 2lbs. Still not enough to get me back under the 16's again, but still nothing short of a miracle! Maybe there are slimming properties in flapjack, chocolate and Baileys!!:p

Cannot believe i have lost this week! Just under 2lbs. Still not enough to get me back under the 16's again, but still nothing short of a miracle! Maybe there are slimming properties in flapjack, chocolate and Baileys!!:p

Now THAT would be a diet I could follow.. ;) Well done on the loss!

Well this takes the biscuit when it comes to people commenting on how much i have lost weight!! Previous readers of my diary will know that I can get somewhat p***** of with this when it comes from people who are not friends!

Have just had a Tesco delivery and whilst it was from a driver i have had a few times before (and probably the nicest), I was a bit gob smacked when he walked in and said 'my god you have lost weight'! I said I thought he had only seen me a couple of weeks ago, but he said he hadn't been here for some time.

Having watched part of the You Tube video that @OkieGirl posted last night, it appears that this commenting comes from people's expectations of who they are going to see, being altered at the sight of something different and they find it difficult to not say something. An example given was when an adult sees a child for the first time in ages and they say something like 'my, you have grown'. I suppose I can only be thankful that over the years people have been able to restrain themselves from commenting on how fat I had become.

Well this takes the biscuit when it comes to people commenting on how much i have lost weight!! Previous readers of my diary will know that I can get somewhat p***** of with this when it comes from people who are not friends!

Have just had a Tesco delivery and whilst it was from a driver i have had a few times before (and probably the nicest), I was a bit gob smacked when he walked in and said 'my god you have lost weight'! I said I thought he had only seen me a couple of weeks ago, but he said he hadn't been here for some time.

Having watched part of the You Tube video that @OkieGirl posted last night, it appears that this commenting comes from people's expectations of who they are going to see, being altered at the sight of something different and they find it difficult to not say something. An example given was when an adult sees a child for the first time in ages and they say something like 'my, you have grown'. I suppose I can only be thankful that over the years people have been able to restrain themselves from commenting on how fat I had become.

It always amazes me how people seem to work in reverse when it comes to weight. Very few people will tell you to your face that you're packing on the pounds but a lot of them are more than happy to discuss it behind your back. Start dropping pounds and everyone seems to have a bloody opinion one way or the other and suddenly feels the need to tell you what they think! I'm sure when it's close friends and family they, by and large, mean well and are pleased, but when it's a complete stranger then it's a different story altogether. It's like some filter in their brain breaks and it all spills out.

As @SAM55 knows I really struggle both with this comments people have made about my weight, not least the assumption I was unhappy with myself before. I found that part of the video very useful too but as a general rule my attitude is that if my weight wasn't up for discussion before it certainly isn't now :D

lol, just had someone today do the whole, "You're going to be all skinny and tinier than me!" thing to me today. I didn't let it get to me. :rolleyes:

As well as a flapjack addiction at the moment, I have found another one! Asda T-shirts o_O Think its a combination between novelty at being able to go into a supermarket and buy cheap clothes on spec, fluctuating muffin top caused by bloating meaning some days they look tight so I need different sizes, and retail therapy - I need to treat myself to something to feel good. Came out with four today in a bigger size! Have probably bought around a dozen t shirts in past month or so.
Some 'good' stuff came out of therapy today after a two week break due to her hols. Emotionally overwhelmed though and ate a whole tub of flapjacks with chocolate on that tasted disgusting on the way home, followed by half a can of stewed steak!! Definitely feeling very full and uncomfortable.:eatdrink023:

Had a party last night and consumed more food than i should, although most of it was healthy. Have found a new hummus - mint avocado and bean. :)

Totally with you on the supermarket t shorts/clothes @SAM55 ! So nice to be able to pick up something and know it will fit! I love buying clothes because I can.... doesn't mean I need them or will ever wear them!

It really upsets me too when people comment on my weight loss. I think they see it as being nice though? The societal norm is that people should/want to be slim. Therefore, when someone loses weight people see their comments as simply giving a compliment (whereas saying something to your face about gaining weight would on the other hand be rude). I think that's how people justify it in their heads.

1lb on this week. Better than I expected given my flapjack addiction at the moment! I also didn't get my 2 hour walk or my two hydro sessions. :(

Have found a recipe for healthy flapjack that doesn't involve using butter or syrup but relies on bananas for sweetness so have made some of that. I am no baker and didn't have the right tin or any greaseproof paper so it didn't come out perfect, but it is edible (for me at least).

My cats are on the mend although not totally ok - daily baths for one for hygiene purposes were somewhat stressful!

Ooo the flapjack sounds interesting, can you post the recipe?
I can well imagine the stress of bathing a cat daily. In all the years we've had cats we have only attempted it a couple of times and that was quite enough!

Thanks that's fab. I've just about worked out the nutritional info overall so might have a go at them tomorrow, weigh the mixture then figure out the stats for each 'cookie' (I'll use silicone cases as suggested I think).

Usual weigh in on Saturday but didn't post as it was a stall and tomorrow is my surgiversary. Consultant check-up isn't until the 21st.

Wish I was feeling more positive about it and could report I was anywhere near my original goal of losing 10 stone in 8 months, and then I changed it to 10 stone in 12 months, and have been yo-yoing around 9 stone since May. I have now changed the goal to losing the other stone after the long awaited and yet unknown date for knee surgery. Very conscious that exercise has become increasingly more difficult since the fall in July and I need to do more aerobic exercise to shift it, as well as manage my stress levels better. Lots of stuff coming up in therapy that I don't feel ready to share on here yet that are semi related to body dysmorphia, with unexpected revelations, suffice to say it explains the very high anxiety levels I am experiencing at the moment.

In the meantime I am going to see the positive in the fact that now it is getting colder I can still wear the two lovely soft fluffy fleeces I bought in January, at least for everyday wear and I don't have to think about charity shopping them to make room for new ones that will cost me money i don't have.

I am also going to ignore the sausage rolls I ate today at a training workshop, suffice to say copious amounts of free left over food is still too tempting!

:hugs:Sam you've done so so well. I know it doesn't always feel that way but you really have x

Sorry your feeling under par at present, try to enjoy the positive progress you have achieved so far. It's hard working through stuff but positive things will come of your hard work.
Congratulations on your great weight loss and the work you have done with your personal challenges. Clapping hands and big hugs in equal measures xx

Back