• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

Hi @SAM55 hope it all goes well tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. H2x

Thanks Hannah. :) It feels a bit unreal at the moment and although I almost have everything prepared, i have realised in the last hour or so I am prevaricating with other things to distract me from what is still left to do and why I have to do it! x

Oh I remember that well @SAM55 !

Hope you get stuff done in time!

Last week felt very surreal even when I was in the operating room and they were trying to get a cannula out of one arm at the same time as putting one into the other arm! I did kind of have a "ugh" moment and wonder if it was really happening..... especially when they got the cannula out but then walked away leaving the blood coming out of my vein onto the floor!

No wait.... that feeling was "do these clowns actually know what they are doing" closely followed by me saying "...errr you do realise I am bleeding all over the floor???" That made them shift :doh:

Anyway.... will be thinking about you tomorrow, please let us know when you are back on the ward and ok.

Take care. H2x

Just came on here to wish you good luck for tomorrow as just remembered. Thinking of you hunny xxx

Oh I remember that well @SAM55 !

Hope you get stuff done in time!

Last week felt very surreal even when I was in the operating room and they were trying to get a cannula out of one arm at the same time as putting one into the other arm! I did kind of have a "ugh" moment and wonder if it was really happening..... especially when they got the cannula out but then walked away leaving the blood coming out of my vein onto the floor!

No wait.... that feeling was "do these clowns actually know what they are doing" closely followed by me saying "...errr you do realise I am bleeding all over the floor???" That made them shift :doh:

Anyway.... will be thinking about you tomorrow, please let us know when you are back on the ward and ok.

Take care. H2x
OMG! :eek::eek:

Have just been reading the leaflets they gave me last week about the different types of anaesthesia - so many pros and cons of spinal and general :confused::confused::confused:o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:

Have WLS on my phone so providing i have internet (it is there but it isn't free so may take some time to get it set up depending on how groggy i am, will do.)

Almost done - just some flapjack to freeze and some washing up and then off to bed for a 4.45am alarm call! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hope you have a good night's sleep. xx

Did you decide on which option to go for? Spinal or general?

Hope my post didn't put you off.... I survived :confused:

Did you decide on which option to go for? Spinal or general?

Hope my post didn't put you off.... I survived :confused:
I have to have the discussion with the anaesthetist this morning. They would prefer me to have spinal but I need him/her to check my back MRI/XRay before he imparts his wisdom :rolleyes:
No your post didn't put me off. x

I have to have the discussion with the anaesthetist this morning. They would prefer me to have spinal but I need him/her to check my back MRI/XRay before he imparts his wisdom :rolleyes:
No your post didn't put me off. x
Good luck Sam xx

Very best of luck today. Thinking of you x

Glad your out hunny and had ham salad ;) well done hunny xxx

Good to hear all went well, rest plenty xxx

Bad news today. They have snapped a drain pipe when getting it out. Have Ben told not to eat or drink anything and am waiting to go for X-ray. They may have to open the knee up again.

Back