• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stuck!!

Aww don't worry about the 2lbs, I put 1lb back on this week too, Weighing yourself every 2 weeks will be better, as Its how you feel and not the numbers that count, I know how hard it is though to keep OFF the scales, But your in the right frame of mind thinking like that so good on you.
Hope you have a fab weekend! x

i have stopped weighing myself at home. i just get weighed at the gp surgery once a month. it has stopped me having alot of 'low' days and the loss seems more at the end of the month!? thanks for the advice to cut down my carbs...i have switched to cereal for brekkie as suggested, but i have not taken up the idea of tinned fish on toast...im not a great fan! so i have been having baked beans instead. though i thought p'nut butter was a good source of protien???

Cheers girls.

I've just made myself a lunch of tuna in low fat mayo with cucumbers, cherry toms, sweetcorn, onion and cannellini beans.

Made a huge tub i'm gonna leave at work and serve a bit up each day for 3 days for lunch. I eat breakfast and seems to just snack till teatime so gotta try to each a healthy low carb lunch each day.

I know my problem this week was going away with the in-laws for the weekend in the caravan. Normally I eat about a third of what hubby can eat but whilst in holiday mode..he ate loads and i seemed to follow and i can't have "holiday mode" anymore, my tummy won't allow it.

Putting it down to experience and hopefully i've learned from it x x x

hi chuck
that's the spirit! Great idea about the scales - they are nasty evil creatures! I get weighed once a week still but at the gym and the bathroom scales are hidden at home. It's agreat feeling of freedom!
I found a few weeks ago that I was snacking a lot in the evenings and my weight loss was slowing. After looking at what I was doing I found i wasn't eating enough at tea time as I was eating too quickly and feeling full too soon. I was also having a drink just before I ate. I now have a drink a good half hour before and try to make my meal last 20 mins and chewing really well. I find I can eat a better portion and more protein this way and don't get hungry so quickly afterwards. Are you still not drinking till an hour after food? I had also let this slip which meant I could fit more snacks in!
Hope you are well and sorry I missed everyone last week!!
xxx

Don't drink for about half hour after food, is it meant to be an hour? Good advice on slowing down withtea though, if i have a snack at night, its usually quite healthy stuff unless we have a film night and then i can't resist some pickled onion monster munch!!!

Don't drink for about half hour after food, is it meant to be an hour? Good advice on slowing down withtea though, if i have a snack at night, its usually quite healthy stuff unless we have a film night and then i can't resist some pickled onion monster munch!!!

Try water loading - gulp as much water as you can 15 minutes before you eat a meal, this saturates the roux limb (the top of the intestine) and makes it swell, therefore anything in your meal thats sliddy wont go through, means you'll eat a lot less before getting restriction !

Also try not to drink ANYTHING for at least an hour and a half after eating !
The only exception is if you get a blockage, or your really feeling crap and need to move the food through quick, then sip a warm cup of tea or coffee till it moves !

Seriously try increasing your protien, instead of what your having for lunch, go buy a peice of cooked chicken (not chicken and chips ;)) and munch on that for lunch, or have the tuna with some thin crackers and either use a tiny amount of low fat mayo or cut th emayo all together, make sure you eat to restriction (the tight feeling in your chest) - and dont drink fluid - then you'll find that you dont need the snacks in the afternoon.

Dieticians seem to vary on the drinking thing - some say half an hour some say an hour and a half! I struggle to do the hour and a half but always try to leave a good hour - that way you feel full for longer. Did you go private Lisa? Is there no opportunity to speak to a dietician? I email my food diary every week and is really useful, even if it's onlt to be told you are doing well xx

Dieticians seem to vary on the drinking thing - some say half an hour some say an hour and a half! I struggle to do the hour and a half but always try to leave a good hour - that way you feel full for longer. Did you go private Lisa? Is there no opportunity to speak to a dietician? I email my food diary every week and is really useful, even if it's onlt to be told you are doing well xx

Well i guess if you look at it logically, the longer you can go without drinking the better, as the food will stay in the pouch for longer, which in turn means you wont be hunrgy between meals.

I try and leave it as long as possible after eating, but in reality i tend to guage it by how i feel at the time, normally an hour or so after eating lunch i'm gasping for a cup of tea :D

provided you know and understand why you mustn't drink immidiately post meal, then you can adapt and modify what you do to suit yourself, but its an important rule to get your head around as its one of your tools for fighting hunger and making you band or bypass work correctly.

Back