• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stuck!!

PS - So exercise IS good then?????

'The energy expenditure of the muscles makes up only 20% or so of the total energy expenditure at rest but, during strenuous exercise, the rate of energy expenditure of the muscles may go up 50-fold or more. Since energy used during exercise is the only form of energy expenditure that you have any control over, take advantage of this phenomenon and start moving more!'

PS - So exercise IS good then?????

'The energy expenditure of the muscles makes up only 20% or so of the total energy expenditure at rest but, during strenuous exercise, the rate of energy expenditure of the muscles may go up 50-fold or more. Since energy used during exercise is the only form of energy expenditure that you have any control over, take advantage of this phenomenon and start moving more!'

Correctamondo Grom - the key to long term weight lose for both banders and bypassers is a combination of a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise.
Some times because as bypassers we eat so little its difficult to get the calories in us, your body needs approx 1200 calories a day just to function your heart, lungs brain etc, restricting it to much causes you metabolism to stop working and your body then wont give up the fat ! Exercising increases your metabolic rate, but without the calories going in it doesn't like it and stops the fat from being burnt.

Sounds though like you've found the right amount of daily calories to intake to exercise against and thus still burning body fat, plus as you have rightly said its helping you tone up as the fat goes, you cant physically turn fat into muscle as its a different substance, but you can fill the muscles and thus tone as you lose weight.

Enduring a plateau is something anyone on a diet will go through at some point, and there's a few technics that seem to work that break the cycle, for me its probably the most depression time during weight lose when your working hard and it stops, but for me understanding why and what to do is important.

Well done though, sounds like your doing well ;)

thanks for all ur advice, its interesting to see the difference in opinions too. I'm trying to replace my sandwichs etc with a protein based salad and whether the weight comes off this week or not, i'm feeling a bit better from it, so thanks again x x x

Quick update, I lost 4lbs this week, I didn't change anything other than swapped sandwiches for protein based salads at lunch x x x

less carbs more protien :) sems it works every time. well done on the 4lb loss

thank **** for that!!!!!!

Glad you saw a weight loss sometimes changing something small in your eating pattern helps kick start the metabolic rate again, and it would seem substituting the sandwich with the protein based salad has done the job, well done Lisa xxJay

cheers Jay x x x

thanks laydeez,
was really getting a panic on but had to remind myself just to work with what i've been given x x x

have read this thread with interest. i have reached a stand-still with my weightloss...even though the inches are still coming off (???). here is a typical daily menu for me...any advice greatfully recieved...
breakkie - 1 slice whole meal nimble toast with p'nut butter
lunch - 2 crispbread with philly garlic/herb light & baby yoghurt
tea - weight watchers ready meal
also drink tea, coffee, ss milk, water and ribena lite.
i find it hard to digest fruit and veg and salad...though i do try!
im also walking loads...poor dog!

Well done glad the weight has started moving. At support group last week we had a cons in that discussed muscle mass verses fat. The people losing inches are losing fat but are gaining muscle if no weight-loss, so keep it up. Also protiens, proteins, proteins he said between 70-90grs a day is what is needed!!!

Ali

no-one has ever sat me down and talked to me about protein/carbs etc. Not had a meeting with a dietician since having the surgery. Most of the information I have has come from this forum

They say that changing just a way you do something can change your body and trick it.
My dietician suggested at the gym go on the same things for teh same length of time but just a different way round so instead of teh crosstrainer first go on it last
Though what a load of bollocks but hey it worked and that week I lost more.
Really odd though !

have read this thread with interest. i have reached a stand-still with my weightloss...even though the inches are still coming off (???). here is a typical daily menu for me...any advice greatfully recieved...
breakkie - 1 slice whole meal nimble toast with p'nut butter
lunch - 2 crispbread with philly garlic/herb light & baby yoghurt
tea - weight watchers ready meal
also drink tea, coffee, ss milk, water and ribena lite.
i find it hard to digest fruit and veg and salad...though i do try!
im also walking loads...poor dog!

Hi Mermaid,
Try cutting back on the bread and Carbs or instead of peanut butter try Sardines on your toast, Fish is great for protien.
Also try have a cereal for your brekki, like porrage, Hope this helps a little, Good luck!

are those tins of mackerel in tomato sauce ok or is the fat too high even though its good fat

Hi Lisa
the guidelines I have been given are try to stick to things which are less than 1g saturated fat per 100g and less than 5g sugar (listed under carbs) per 100g. Not sure what the mackerel is but you could always drain some of the sauce off if it's too high. It's certainly good for you!
Do you not have a dietician you can talk to where you had your op?

never spoken to a dietician since my op. Hoping to get in touch at my next appt which should be in next 2 weeks x x x

quick update........put 2 lbs on this week.

I think i'm gonna start weighing myself every 2 weeks instead of each week, cos i'm feeling great in my clothes, i'm getting dangerously close to letting the scales upset me.

Its a very fine line between keeping an eye on things to keep them in check and letting the scales rule everything like they did pre-op

Back