• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scales...Which ones??

lisa x

is very happy!
Hi Ladies and gents..
I have just binned my old Dr scales(mechanical) as they were at lest 1/2 a stone out.(even when moved around!):eek:
(my comparison was the hospital scale and boots)

So I am currently without scales...now normally I would be happy that there is no scales..but with my 5% weight loss diet with the hospital looming,I have come to the conclusion I need some scales..:rolleyes:

My question to you all is,
Which one do you have ...mechanical or digital...how have you found them.
Secondly..do I spend money on the fat and water analyser type one?
Do I buy a cheap one or spend a few bob on a decent one...:rolleyes:
Its quite a minefield...

Thanks in advance..Lisa x:cool:

dottychic

I got mine from Argos, they are like the ones some GPs have. They were the only ones big enough to weigh me....until I put more on :eek: I went past the 24 stone weight limit! Im now pleased to say Im well under it though! They are good and they seem very accurate. They are the mechanical ones with the big round bit lol.......thats a technical term obviously ;) XX

dawny

mine are digital ones, and you can pick them up quite cheap nowadays, i got mine from boots for £15, but i then saw some cheaper the week after, ive just bought another pair on offer from avon for £5, you had to spend so much from the previous 2 brochures and u got them for a fiver, worth £30 apparantly

lisa x

is very happy!
lol..thanks jacqui..
these are the ones I just binned....they had gone rusty and was 1/2 a stone out...although they were 7 years old...
I may get them again as this one was very robust....

phatmomma

50p, walk down to Boots, get a print out and walk home. sorted :) and without letting the devil's spawn into the comfort of your own home xx

dawny

good idea if you happen to live near a boots julie, lol.

Stellap

At goal at last.....
I have the weightwatchers ones which also measure fat, water and bone density. If I haven't lost weight but have been good then my fat % has usually gone down which makes it bearable with no weight loss. I like the bone density as it alerts me to low calcium as I have osteoparosis in my family

dawny

oooh they sound good stella, how do they work huni, and how much are they?