• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scared today! :-(

me_but_better

Morning all,

I had a bit of a wobble (no pun intended!) yesterday, found myself feeling a little hysterical last night. It's the first time I've been worried, but as its only a week away then it's obviously feeling very real now!

I have trouble with anxiety and always take my strength for my hubby and my children, so the reality that I'm going to be doing this "alone" has suddenly hit home! I know this is the right thing to do, I can't describe how excited I get when I think of how my life will change...

But... It just getting through these last few days! I'm at work today, and feel like hiding away in a corner!

I'm terrified that if the worst happens, (dramatic I know! Lol) people will think I've been selfish, and willingly taken the risk!

I'm sorry I sound like I'm moaning, cause I genuinely know how important this op is going to be, and appreciate how lucky I am! Just needed to get it off my chest

Take care

A xx

*hugs*

Welcome to the club. What you're feeling is normal.

I felt it, I know at least 3 other women on here felt it. Mum hasn't had WLS but she did have knee replacement surgery and even she felt this way.

Moaning is good, moan on here then you don't take it out on people you love by accident.

You will be fine *hugs*

Yes Kitty is right vent it on here, rather than on your nearest and dearest, if you wern't desparate for help you would never have arranged to have it done, stay focussed on the outcome and you will sail through, eyes on the prize (your new spectacular looking healthy body) xx Go get itxx

Like said above - I think we all felt like this at some point pre - op hunxx

I know I did xx

One day I would be fine and the next an emotional jibbering wreck!!

About two days before I had a massive wobbler, sent my kids off to my mums and sat here and cried my heart out - having the same doubts and fears as you. Then the night before was so calm and collected it was quite scary!

All I can say is - go with the flow. You cant help but be worried, emotonal and nervous this is a massive step we are taking - but focus on how much your life is going to improve.
Think of all those things you cant do now and how many things you will be able to do after (for yourself and also with your family) xx

Thanks ladies,

I have been incredibly hard to live with just lately, and am very impatient, which is adding to the stress, cause I don't want my girls to think I'm horrid!! So when I'm not telling them off, I get myself into a state of guilt, which then causes me to be snappy again... Grrrr!!

I'm so glad I've found this website, I think it may just save my sanity!!!

X

me_but_better said:
Morning all,

I had a bit of a wobble (no pun intended!) yesterday, found myself feeling a little hysterical last night. It's the first time I've been worried, but as its only a week away then it's obviously feeling very real now!

I have trouble with anxiety and always take my strength for my hubby and my children, so the reality that I'm going to be doing this "alone" has suddenly hit home! I know this is the right thing to do, I can't describe how excited I get when I think of how my life will change...

But... It just getting through these last few days! I'm at work today, and feel like hiding away in a corner!

I'm terrified that if the worst happens, (dramatic I know! Lol) people will think I've been selfish, and willingly taken the risk!

I'm sorry I sound like I'm moaning, cause I genuinely know how important this op is going to be, and appreciate how lucky I am! Just needed to get it off my chest

Take care

A xx

I am having my op Saturday and to be honest I have been quite calm................although I'm waiting for a massive wobble before the op, it's gonna happen i am sure. I am really not sleeping very well and when I do I keep dreaming that I forget I'm on the pre op diet and start to eat something I shouldn't, last night it was a sausage roll!

Wishing you the very best of luck with you op Hun, big hugs

Kim x

I had those dreams too kizzy!! Thought I was midnight raiding the fridge.

Thanks Kim,

Where are you having your op? I'm going to the Czech Republic, and I'm absolutely terrified of flying, so I think that has contributed to my fear more than anything!

I'm more convinced I'm gonna die on the plane than anything else, lol.

I am feeling much better today, so hopefully I've seen the back of my hysteria!!

...but that remains to be seen!!! Lol

Thanks for your support guys

A x

oh good luck :) I should be following you to the czech republic soon :) xxx

I kept saying to my partner, if the worst happens, tell the boys I thought I was doing the right thing.

I was pretty calm. But couldnt sleep. Then I would have wobbles, snap at my partner or boys. And then think what I'd something happens to me, it will be the last thing they think of me.

Then I snapped myself out of that. I refused to do good bye letters as I was determined I would be ok :)

The 1am the morning of my op I had a meltdown over not being able to find my headscarf. I cried, kicked my hospital bag, had a panic attack, everything lol

Then I found my headscarf (which of course wasn't the issue), went to bed and woke up calm.

Then other then a little tears just before walking into surgery after hugging and kissing my mom and partner, I remained really calm.

I was suppose to be there alone too. And was until not long before my op. but that's all another story.

What I wanted to say was, you will be fine (((hugs))) xxx

Dont worry, we all think the worst im sure....

My surgery is tomorrow...and im kinda numb....not sure if im excited or nervous or what.

Ive done the 'speech' to my partner, saying 'what if I die in the operation' and he just said, 'come on....having some teeth taken out would be the same worry, as your under anethetic...dont worry, the surgeon hasnt lost anyone yet!'

I think we all go into the dark realms when we are scared or nervous.....Dont worry...this is the best thing you are doing to change your life....x

Thanks Kim,

Where are you having your op? I'm going to the Czech Republic, and I'm absolutely terrified of flying, so I think that has contributed to my fear more than anything!

I'm more convinced I'm gonna die on the plane than anything else, lol.

I am feeling much better today, so hopefully I've seen the back of my hysteria!!

...but that remains to be seen!!! Lol

Thanks for your support guys

A x

I'm having my done in Kent (Chelsfield Hospital)

I don't like flying either so really feel for you

Best of luck xx

Morning all,

Take care

A xx

i know exactly what you are feeling as that is just what I am feeling right now. I am 2 weeks into my pre op diet and have just less than 2 weeks to go. I could have written your post... just what I feel.
Except I dont have anyone at home to lean on but do take comfort from my friends on this site...

Hang in there. My op is the 28th.. Hope that yours goes well and is soon over and we will both be on the Loosers Bench !!

xx

Minoots said:
i know exactly what you are feeling as that is just what I am feeling right now. I am 2 weeks into my pre op diet and have just less than 2 weeks to go. I could have written your post... just what I feel.
Except I dont have anyone at home to lean on but do take comfort from my friends on this site...

Hang in there. My op is the 28th.. Hope that yours goes well and is soon over and we will both be on the Loosers Bench !!

xx

Thanks hun,

The mixed emotions are pretty overwhelming aren't they?!

See you on that bench!!!

A x

I am having my op Saturday and to be honest I have been quite calm................although I'm waiting for a massive wobble before the op, it's gonna happen i am sure. I am really not sleeping very well and when I do I keep dreaming that I forget I'm on the pre op diet and start to eat something I shouldn't, last night it was a sausage roll!

Wishing you the very best of luck with you op Hun, big hugs

Kim x
I dream't the other night that I ate really greasy roast potato's and I don't even like them so I think our minds are obviously uneasy at the moment.

Go girls the op is just the very start of your new chapter of the gorgeous more healthy you. xx

Back