• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Secret surgery

Donna tried that on the last night and got told off from an evil nurse! Said as she was post op the nurse had to be able to see her in bed.... go figure

lol i also got told off on my last night for closing the curtains from an evil nurse....hmm might be the same one!! the lady across from me was a wanderer and kept staring at me... i woke up straight after my surgery and she was in my face staring at me... so i thought i would keep the curtains closed, but i was told no because they needed to see me at all times :sigh:

I have to say your mom could well have done the right thing! Put yourself in her shoes. She knew it was a risk and had troubles before. It's hard heading for surgery with family n friends stressing makes it even harder.

If i were you i would write a letter to your mom and say you were a little hurt. But i'd also try to understand exactly why she did it and maybe give a bit of forgiveness to her.....

It's hard being a mom and trying to spare our children xxx

I'm with Julie on this one, just because she's a mum doesn't mean she doesn't have the right to decide whether she want's to do anything in private without a debate. If I wanted to do something-even have surgery-and I felt I wanted to keep it private I would not appreciate my kids ranting at me over it. As an adult I do have that choice. My kids as adults should respect my right to my privacy. Just my opinion.

I can see both sides and I think your mum is so brave! The important thing is she is ok and you and your mum have lots more time together now to enjoy life. Wishing you both all the very best xx

Back