• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 surgeries

Andie1962

Hi would like to add a new thread for September Surgeries . I had my surgery on the 4th September and would like to hear from other September oppers on how you are all doing.
At the beginning of my journey I was 20 stone and by today's weight I am now 15 stone 10 .
total lose so far inc pre op 4 stone 4 lbs.
Although I am happy with my weight loss so far I am getting a bit worried on how much slower the weight is coming off now.
Any feedback on how everyone else is doing would be really appreciated.
Thanks Andi xx

But its normal for the weight loss to slow down :) we are aproaching 6months mark soon.. ;) (and they say usually honeymoon period post op is 6montys...) also as we get smaller our bodies dont use as much energy (and cals) just to run itself or doing daily activities. So its just a natural progress... :) after all you did loose an amazing amount of weight already!!!

It all makes sense in my head... But i understand your worries! :) i have plenty similar emotions too :) unfortunately we cant let the scales and the numbers rule us. So as long as we stick to the rules and healthy eating we should be proud of ourselves everyday even if the scales slowed down. :)

But its normal for the weight loss to slow down :) we are aproaching 6months mark soon.. ;) (and they say usually honeymoon period post op is 6montys...) also as we get smaller our bodies dont use as much energy (and cals) just to run itself or doing daily activities. So its just a natural progress... :) after all you did loose an amazing amount of weight already!!! It all makes sense in my head... But i understand your worries! :) i have plenty similar emotions too :) unfortunately we cant let the scales and the numbers rule us. So as long as we stick to the rules and healthy eating we should be proud of ourselves everyday even if the scales slowed down. :)

Thanks Llora you have also done amazingly well ?and your right we shouldn't become a slave to the scales easier said than done though xx

I am doing ok. Some days better than others.. I have never thought i will go through so many different emotions in such a short time.. :)

I dont dump. Can tolerate pretty much anything.. Well at least the things i've tried.. Rice can be a bit tricky but its not something i have very often anyway :) my sweet tooth and sweet cravings can be rather bad somedays.. Which worries my a bit how i will manage to deal with that in long term... But i am trying to be at my best everyday.

Weight loss wise. Its never enough and never fast enough.. Never perfect eh?! ;) in reality i do think i am doing fine. Nothing too impressive as i am not the super speedy looser, but its not a race :) i am happy i've managed to loose as much as i did but i would love the weight loss to continue :)

I am doing ok. Some days better than others.. I have never thought i will go through so many different emotions in such a short time.. :) I dont dump. Can tolerate pretty much anything.. Well at least the things i've tried.. Rice can be a bit tricky but its not something i have very often anyway :) my sweet tooth and sweet cravings can be rather bad somedays.. Which worries my a bit how i will manage to deal with that in long term... But i am trying to be at my best everyday. Weight loss wise. Its never enough and never fast enough.. Never perfect eh?! ;) in reality i do think i am doing fine. Nothing too impressive as i am not the super speedy looser, but its not a race :) i am happy i've managed to loose as much as i did but i would love the weight loss to continue :)
We will get there in the end but you should be so proud of what you have lost in such a short time xx

So how is everyone doing? We september 2014 crowd are reaching the six months mark. Hope everyone is doing great and are just enjoying their lifes :)

I am doing ok. Trying to settle down in my new job and i am still learning my new routines (eating/drinking and gym). Just because i dont have the luxury of doing whatever i want whenever i want to :) but i am doing nice progress.. Only skipped breakfast once last week!! ;) also finally back to drinking at least 1.5l a day again.. Still need to work on amounts of protein i eat! ;) but i will get there again :)

Weight loss is slowing down, but thats normal. In fact i did hit my second stall post op. Not sure how long its going to last.. But hope that not too long :)

Cant wait to hear how other september people are doing :)

Just seen this thread!
Well im nearly 6 months out from my WLS which happened on sept 18 2014 I was 25 stone on day of op and nearly 6 months on im 17.5 stone , have to say its been great so far, no pain after op or wind was expecting it but was very lucky only been sick the 1x during the puree stage when I had a boiled egg , I have always known that I like eggs but my body never has, so now guess eggs are off the menu!
Can eat most things which is good but that also includes naughty things like kids packets of haribos and weak gin and tonics!
Weight has clearly been coming off but like all things not fast enough, still cant see it yet I was a size 32 now 22/24
Still need to work on getting enough protein in and drinking as got better also need to work on the whole not drinking for 1/2hour after eating thats really tough
anyway enough of my ramblings hope this helps others I look forward to reading more

Hi would like to add a new thread for September Surgeries . I had my surgery on the 4th September and would like to hear from other September oppers on how you are all doing. At the beginning of my journey I was 20 stone and by today's weight I am now 15 stone 10 . total lose so far inc pre op 4 stone 4 lbs. Although I am happy with my weight loss so far I am getting a bit worried on how much slower the weight is coming off now. Any feedback on how everyone else is doing would be really appreciated. Thanks Andi xx

Oh my God you all are doing great. I don't know why mine is different I am 6 months post op next week and have only lost 22kilos and it's making me really sad. I should have lost more, I am not eating much and doing my best but the weight just won't go off.

Is there still anyone alive??!!!! :) how are septembet 2014 people doing??!! Everyones 1 year surgeversaries are comming!!! :) mine was 6th of september!! ;)

My biggest struggles are: drinking enough.. And sweet cravings! :)

Im still here! Doing good weight loss as slowed down a lot but still coming off im now a size 20 can go shopping in primark, even brought a new winter coat size 18 from primark! I was beyond giggly with joy ! Need to keep an eye on my protein intake and the treats kike my nighty glass of g&t but do realise im eating nowhere near the amount I use too as well
hope everyone else is doing well if not better than me

Im still here! Doing good weight loss as slowed down a lot but still coming off im now a size 20 can go shopping in primark, even brought a new winter coat size 18 from primark! I was beyond giggly with joy ! Need to keep an eye on my protein intake and the treats kike my nighty glass of g&t but do realise im eating nowhere near the amount I use too as well hope everyone else is doing well if not better than me

Pleased to here you are doing well! I used to read your diary all the time!! :) do you still post there? I might just be silly and keep missing your updates.. (The site is not the easiest to use in my oppinion) :)

Back