• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

severe pain i cant go number 2

brad scott

hey all horrible subject i know but im struggling with number 2's im 4 months post op and have sailed thro it but im starting to struggle lately i havent been to the loo for over a week now and at work 2day i had a pain in my right hand side that nearly put me on my knees or it could be ive been smashing the gym hard this past week any ideas or have any of u had the same i was told senekot is good 2 take as its easy on ur stomach cheers guys

Liquid senna moved me and up the water!Get in a warm bath and massage your tum in circular motions to encourage a bowel movement.

Just be careful, I had a really bad pain in my right hand side that I thought was constipation, but actually turned out to be a severe water infection affecting my kidneys.
Best to speak to your team, or visit your GP/Walk in Centre.
Hope you get it sorted.
xXx

I'm only 11 days post op and have taken senakot since day 3 without any problems. The hospital actually sent me home with it. It did take a couple of nights to work but it soon got things moving.

ah thats brill i have been 2day but was only the size of a small marble its driving me crazy its only been the last month i have started suffering i have got some orange juice and some all bran hope that helps 2 xx

Might prune juice make you dump Penny-or is it okay? It sounds lots nicer than Senokot-or the dreaded Fibogel that I've read some people have to take?
I have a dread of being constipated as I suffered terribly as a very small child and going to the loo was a terrible physical and emotional trauma.

I would use Ducalax personally. I like the fact they are only tiny tablets but very effective. Are you drinking enough water Brad? it is the most common reason for constipation. I know it can get boring but I jazz mine up by putting it in a tall glass with crushed ice and a slice of lemon or lime

Sue xx

When i suffered with tummy troubles my gp gave me senna tablets.

Speak with your gp xx

Back