• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

shocked

lisa45

i have just got back from my 1st app . and they have said i can have my op within 4 weeks ,i was thimking more 4 month.so i would like to ask any of you that have had the band ,iam booked to go to thailand on the 27th of december do you feel i would be fit and well by then if i have the op in 4 weeks time ........

hi it all depends on how you recover but i am going to tenerife at xmas but i did have band 3weeks ago..
my surgeon says you can fly 4weeks after band has been fitted but in some cases if your flight is longer than 4hours then you may have to have a defill when they take all fluid out of band because of the pressure in cabin..
check with your surgeon hun..
emma

I would say you would be fine based on my experience. If you can go back to work 2 weeks after the op, i reckon a holiday will be fine and just what the doctor ordered!

don't forget to check your insurance though if you've already bought it, as it may invalidate it if you don't declare it (and normally pay a higher premium) beforehand.

You should be ok to travel by then. I did a post a while back on travel insurance and found a company who gave me cover for 2 weeks for just 29 quid. Can't remeber the number off hand but if you have a look back to end of august you should find it. good luck x

Hi ya,

I'm sure you'll be fine by then!

I'm having my band on 28th October 08 and I'll be off liquids and mushies by Christmas week so you'll be well healed and be able to enjoy your holiday!xx

Funny how we are all told different - i asked about fills and flying and was told it made no difference, yes the band will be under different pressure on the flight but as long as you take it easy and eat and drink sparingly as usual that there should be no problem and no need for a de-fill.

I know this is an old thread, but i just wanted to say, the day after I had my band fitted I flew to Manchester from the Bupa/Spire in Southampton, nobody warned me not to fly :confused:

I found after a long haul flights...ie: New York, Florida and Jamaica, my restriction was at its best, I could hardly eat anything but didnt feel hungry, and the beauty of it was, I came home lighter than when I went, great, first time its ever happened:)

Back