• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shouldn't I be happy?

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
I have just got weighed this week and have lost 2.6 lb, which if I maintain that its about 11 lb per month.

Maybe I have set my expectations too high, but I feel disappointed with that loss!

I am now 3.5 weeks post op, and am taking fluid down and most foods I try.

I have put on 1 lb over the last couple of days and don't know how this is happened, but feel the world has come to the end lol

And I am so missing my bike.

Think I need to go back to work, to take my mind of my weight 24/7 lol

Feel free to kick me up the bum.

Hi there
Don't be so hard on yourself you are doing ok. We all have our own expectations of what we want to happen and by when but unfortunatley our bodies sometimes do not agreee. Keep strong and you will get there and remember life is full of hiccups x

Com on Gary, have you been on those scales everyday again, If I could get to you I'd smash those scales of yours they cause you nothing but grief. Fluid retention, time of the month (and no don't laugh I am certain men have theirs as well as us women swings of your hormones etc you may not hve the same resultant problems we do but the male version of our mood swings is a definate.) Our weight can fluctuate day to day so weighing each day is not a good idea rememberwe have nagged you about this before, once a week is enough for any of us. I plan to keep up weight watchers so I have to go and be weighed rather than be neurotic about it. Give yourelf a break get someone to hide the damn thing or to a friend to look after it and only give it to you once a week or you go to them to weigh so you can't cheat and play with your mind.
Is that a hard enough kick Mr?

Hey, I have only weighed myself once a week now lol

I know I am losing cause my clothes look so big and baggy on me know, so maybe losing inches rather than a lot of lbs.

Anyway I'm a gemini so have mood swings anyway haha

So how you getting on.

Hiya your doing great, and as you say if you measure yourself bet you are loosing inches, look at how much you lost before the op, but keep on smiling mate xx

I know how you feel Gary but to be honest I'm happy with losing any amount as long as it's coming off :)

hi i was the same and still am i take off weight and then put some on im only 5 weeks post op today so i have stopped weighing every day and now just once a week like you, 11 lbs a month is fantastic so be very pleased if it comes off to quick you know what will happen, but like you im very impatient and want it all gone now, so i think we should give each other a kick lol xxxx

Hi Gary, just texted you but I know how you feel. havent been on the forum for a while cos i didnt want to be doom and gloom about not losing as much as I had wanted to, but putting it in perspective, at the beginning of May I was 3 stone and 3 pounds heavier than I am now!!! I should be proud of that, and you should be proud of your loss - just look at those before and after pictures - you look FABULOUS!! Also, 11 pounds a week = 132 pounds off by this time next year - I will take that thank you very much - and think back to your summer holiday last year - how quick has the past 12 months gone??? Think me and you need to take credit for how well we have done and stop being impatient - didnt go on overnight did it??? LECTURE OVER DEAR xxxx

I think you are forgetting how much you lost post op Gary. Your body wouldn't be able to sustain such drastic weight loss constantly. You are doing extremely well, so yes, you should be happy! And anyway, if you lose it any quicker.... your hair will fall out..... Ooops lol sorry. xx
Lynne x

I think you are forgetting how much you lost post op Gary. Your body wouldn't be able to sustain such drastic weight loss constantly. You are doing extremely well, so yes, you should be happy! And anyway, if you lose it any quicker.... your hair will fall out..... Ooops lol sorry. xx
Lynne x

Oh very funny ..... not lol

Hi Gary, just texted you but I know how you feel. havent been on the forum for a while cos i didnt want to be doom and gloom about not losing as much as I had wanted to, but putting it in perspective, at the beginning of May I was 3 stone and 3 pounds heavier than I am now!!! I should be proud of that, and you should be proud of your loss - just look at those before and after pictures - you look FABULOUS!! Also, 11 pounds a week = 132 pounds off by this time next year - I will take that thank you very much - and think back to your summer holiday last year - how quick has the past 12 months gone??? Think me and you need to take credit for how well we have done and stop being impatient - didnt go on overnight did it??? LECTURE OVER DEAR xxxx

Yeah I guess we should, my next milestone is 100 lb, so look out for it. lol

Ready for some tough love? Here goes......Shut up! 2lb per week is great, have you seen what 2lbs of fat looks like? I have and it's loads (and gross).
I lose 2lbs per week usually, and I'm thrilled with that! So there!
Hope that wasn't too much!
xxxxxx

You guys really do need a kick up the arse! So here it is!

Which book, tv programme, magazine article by any reputable weight loss surgeon did you watch that told you you'd be losing vast amounts of weight each week?

Look at it in perspective. How much weight have you lost so far? Your body will not sustain losing 4 or 5lbs a week continuously after the initial period.

I'm sorry to cause offence, if i do/have, but this surgery is not (unless you are very lucky) going to do all the work for you. At some point down the line you will have to put some physical and mental effort into losing the weight.

Consider yourself blessed if you can tolerate most foods without repercussions most of the time and continue to lose weight. My good friend Lamornamiss had her surgery a couple of weeks before me and is now virtually at goal if not she is only a couple of weeks away from goal and has been there for quite some time, Wendy has recently joined a gym,not sure how much she uses it yet. I am still about 50lb from goal and am at fitness classes twice a week and in the gym at least twice a week. I walk every day and follow weight watchers plan and i am happy if i get more than 1lb a week off. The difference with myself and Wendy is this: virtually since we both started eating after surgery i have had no massive issues with food and can eat more or less anything. Wendy on the other hand has had a bit of a rough time with food.

I guess what i'm saying to you and everyone who moans about '2lb' off is this. If you are eating and drinking what you should be then look at the big picture and realise that you are slowly chipping away at something that took you years to gain.

Yes i know you could have gone to weight watchers or similar and lost 2lb a week on your own without surgery, however you wouldn't have sustained the plan long enough to lose it all. If you could you wouldn't have had surgery now would you?

Take your losses, be greatful and when your surgeon/consultant says its okay get your bums down the gym, in the park, on your bikes, pound the streets, whatever you can do to tone up and burn fat xxx

consider your butts kicked x

Ooops forgot to say i just read a post where someone said 'that's a 1lb gone forever'... There is no such thing as 'gone forever', the sneaky little buggars will worm their way back in if you don't watch them x

phatmomma said:
You guys really do need a kick up the arse! So here it is!

consider your butts kicked x

Well and truly Julie! Truth hurts, but we often need reminding xXx

Lynne x

I did a blunder ............. I meant forgetting how much you lost PRE op...... I really must pay attention lol.
Mwah x

My foot is firmly up your rear mister!
Your pubes might drop out anyway smarty pants!

Back