• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shrinking through the sizes

hopelesscase

Just though id share a little tip with you on the clothes front. When pre op i never imagined the rate at which i would loose weight post op and the rate i would go through the different sizes in clothes. Some sizes i wasn't in for more than a couple of weeks and completely missed size 18!!! When out shopping i used to look on the sale rails and and if it was £5 or under and a couple of sizes smaller and i liked it i would buy it. I also had friends who very kindly gave me their cast off's which were a god send for evenings out and even 2 weddings along the way. The only thing i didn't scrimp on was underwear but i only ever bought one bra and just washed in through each evening as again at £30 for a months wear it was getting pretty expensive. I've gone from a size 28 48HH bust to a size 8 30F bust in 12 months. I would have a regular try on morning and there is no greater feeling than having tried something on a couple of weeks ago and it being too tight to suddenly not only fitting but being a really comfy fit. it was quite sad to have to get rid of some of the things along the way as the difference between buying something because you like it and not because it just fits was amazing. Hope this helps some of you along the way as i could of so easily made some expensive blunders along the way if i hadn't decided to be spend thrift.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great tip to me.
I bought new pj's for hospital 2 weeks ago that are now physically dropping off me.
I'll be happily surfing the Internet for sales bargains today!!!
By the way, well done on your weight loss. Your starting sizes sound very similar to mine, and I can only hope I am where you are in 12 months :)
xXx

My tip would be not to spend too much money on clothes lower in sizes. Go for the cheap stuff. Because your weight disappears in different places. I was a 28/30. Now I can fit a 22/24 top in some styles but not in others because I've lost more weight from my shoulders and bust than I have on my stomach. Same with trousers. They are very loose on the thighs and bum but tight on the stomach. By the time I lose the weight on my tummy the tops I bought are going to be far too loose on the shoulders.

i have lots of clothes that are too small but i love them so have kept them.... probably have enough to get me through the journey, i still look in the sale rack, and you are right, there is no greater feeling that getting into something that was too small for you before! its amazing!

xx

I buy lots of my clothes on EBay and then sell them again on there. That way I don't really lose out at all :)

Thank you for the tip.
Yesterday I washed and dried (thank you weather genie for a windy day) 12 pairs of jeans and trousers that have been too small for me. There are three sizes. One 18's and some 22's but mainly 20's. I haven't ironed them yet but I intend to try the 22's on as soon as I have.
They have been in my cupboard for three years since I started to put the extra weight on. I was 19 stone after I was on a VLC diet three years ago and stopped it when my mum was very poorly. After she died I never stopped eating and was extremely depressed and hardly left the house and got to the massive weight I was when I had my WLS. My fault, not my mums!!!!!!! anyway, I am just about starting to fit into my clothes from just around the time when my mum was poorly and it feels fabulous to go to my wardrobes and find something lovely to wear. The tops and dresses I have are mostly 18's but I cant wait to have to buy new clothes in smaller sizes.
God! I hated being so massively obese. It steals your personality and the essence of yourself.
Roll on more weight loss for all of us, so we can all be happy.
Lynne x

I have only bought a few things new and usually in the sales.
Knickers are my best buys in the sales they usually reduce them to £1 I have now got loads. I have got to stop buying them
Everything else are from ebay and carboots
Jeans are usually £1 upwards and tops are usually 50p upwards on a car boot and you get to see them and no postage.
a couple of weeks ago I bought 3 pairs of Next jeans for 20p a pair and they had hardly been worn :eek: :D :D
Walking round the carboots and bending down is great exercise and my hubby and purse are happier :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Then when I shrink out of them I make a profit by selling them on ebay :D

What a fab idea!

Oh to have the problem of clothes to big!!

Back