• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Don't think im very prepared for my op on Saturday, help please

vanilla-cupcake

Hi everyone, after reading quite a few threads on here im panicking a bit about after my op..........I have my op on Saturday (Bromsgrove) and fly home on Sunday (N.Ireland), my hubby is back into work on Tuesday and im at home with the 3 children, the 2 oldest are fine (7&4) but my baby is only 9 months, is this too much for me to be doing after my op, I will have to lift him etc...should I be doing this, I forgot to mention this at my consultation so thought I better ask you lot

My mum is taking the children on Thursday night and we're taking them back on Sunday evening, is this too soon, I dont really want to ask her to mind them any longer

hi it would be really better for you to have your mum there to help for the 1st week or so as you shouldnt be lifting in the early stages after banding as you will be very sore. you will be able to potter around the house but no heavy house work such as hoovering or lifting washing baskets ect. if your mum cant stay all the time maybe a freind could help out when shes not there ?

i found i needed at least a week befor i could heavier things like riding pushing shopping trolley etc so if you can get help take it if not when picking up little one make sure you do it as little as poss and take the strain in your knees or if they can stand against furniture slide them up onto you rather than pick up [if that makes sense in my head it does] you may find pushing the buggy makes you ache especially in the port scar that was where i had most pain

is it normal procedure to leave hospital so soon after the operation? sorry dont mean to scare anyone , just curious as I am new to all this .

shell

is it normal procedure to leave hospital so soon after the operation? sorry dont mean to scare anyone , just curious as I am new to all this .

shell

1-3 nights is a normal stay on the nhs after banding, private tend to boot ppl after a 1 night stay as its like a conveyer belt for beds and cash intake.

sorry if i talk harsh but its the reality of it for me.

if going later in the day to theatre then my personal opinion 2 nights stay is needed.

shell

I thought this myself when I was told it but if thats what happens then so be it, I was quite worried about the flight home but apparently all women from Ireland do it so im sure i'll be ok

Hi, im from belfast. i flew over from belfast on the sat had my op sun and got first plane back on monday morning i felt fine just a bit tired, for me the one night post op was enough i found my experience very good staff were lovely no complaints so far. if you need any support just let me know. x

Thanks Sparky, how are you finding it so far, im on the low cal diet this week and i am dying for my chicken and black bean from the chinese, im craving it like mad as its so delicious :sigh:

What are you eating at the mo, finding any part of it dificult?

I had my band done at 5.00pm on a Monday, was discharged at 11.00 on Tuesday and flew home to Dublin that day.

I was fine, and 3 weeks later doing great.

Good luck with you surgery, hope all goes well for you.

I was a day case, no overnight stay at all.

I had my operation at midday and was home by 8pm.

Lifting things or bending down was next to impossible for about a week, so some helping hands may be needed.

Remember, it takes 6 weeks to recover fully from surgery, so take it easy and get as much help as you can in that first week.

I work as a nanny with a 3 year old and 11 months old.

I was banded on sat 20th June...I have been relaxing sun, mon, today...My mum arrives tonight to come to work with me wed and thurs. I feel good most of the time, but i do have the occassional wobbly 20 mins, where i feel dizzy and generally 'blah'.

I would not consider returning to work without my Mum's help...Lifting the 11 month old should be ok by next week, but i wont be doing any lifting this week.

I seem to be able to get more liquid down at the moment, so feeling alot better. I have eased of the codine too, which has made me feel alot less 'woozey'.

Good Luck :)

Hi Kate, i am on a normal diet now the real struggle for me has been bread i didnt realise how much i would miss it, i also find it difficult not to drink anything with meals ive had a few bad days with food but as the days go on it has been getting easier and the girls/guys on here have been great with advice. x

Back