• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Size of band?

buglady

Just curious as to the size of your bands how much saline in it and how long you have had your band? When I'm at fab restriction I had 11.5 mls in a 15ml band and had it for about two years on and off? Thanks in advance for any replys!x

Just curious as to the size of your bands how much saline in it and how long you have had your band? When I'm at fab restriction I had 11.5 mls in a 15ml band and had it for about two years on and off? Thanks in advance for any replys!x

I have 7 mil band in place, had my band 10 months, and have 5 mil in band at present with fab restriction.

Hi Alison

I have a 9mil realize (swedish) band with 8.5 mils (as of weds) in it. I think most people on here have a lapband which comes in different sizes. Apart from it just being the one size the other main differences are:
  • The REALIZE Injection Port has the lowest profile of any injection port to minimize its appearance under the skin, even as you lose weight.
  • The REALIZE Band offers a high-volume, low-pressure balloon that's designed to reduce the potential for tissue trauma.
  • As the widest band available (23 mm), the REALIZE Band is designed to decrease the potential for band slippage. If a band slips, it will need to be replaced or adjusted in another surgical procedure.
  • No adjustable gastric band has a lower leak rate than the REALIZE Band. If a band leaks, it will need to be removed and replaced, requiring a second surgical procedure.
  • The REALIZE Injection Port is placed without sutures (during gastric banding surgery) to reduce pain and time under anesthesia. The port is placed using a unique, patented port applier. Because the LAP-BAND System's port is attached using sutures (stitches), REALIZE Band patients may experience less port site pain and less time under anesthesia than LAP-BAND System patients.
I dont know why I was given this one, maybe my surgeon prefers them :D

I think mine is 9.5 with 8.5 mls in it. Had my band for 8 months and am hoping my latest fill on Tuesday has given me some good restriction. Cant really tell at the moment because Im still on mushies but does seem to of made a difference. Fingers crossed. x

Hi Alison. I have a 14 ml band and have 4 ml in at the moment. I am about to have some tests as I have been experiencing pain and lost restriction. It may be band slippage but I will wait and see. I am just 6 months out. I have had two fills so far.

tranquil x

Back