• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleep apnea re-test

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
hi
have any of you had to have a retest
they could not get the results they say it could be the machine or the way i slept so has to be re-done on tuesday.
If it happens again though what will they do ?
Thanks
x

hi
have any of you had to have a retest
they could not get the results they say it could be the machine or the way i slept so has to be re-done on tuesday.
If it happens again though what will they do ?
Thanks
x

Not sure what will happen to you if no results shown on you test.

Yes I retested over a week ago. I think the re done it because I'm still constntly tired had a terrible nights sleep doing the test in the hospital. My first test didn't show any apnea.

I did my 2nd at home, don't think I slept much better. I was told if my 2nd did show apnea it wouldn't affect my op, they would just make the anesthetist aware of it as the tubes would need to be removed slowly.

I have been told to use medical tape and tape on the one under my nose to my face and the one on my finger to tape to my hand to make sure neither came off in the night and they got a good reading.
I went privately for my sleep test and apart from the 2 i just mentioned i had one on my hips, one under my boobs and a unit round my waist for it all to be plugged in to.
It was one of the worst nights sleep i can ever remember having.
Was also told that depending on the level of the apnea a lot of the hospitals like you to be on the apap for 3 months prior to surgery but that might not be the case in ur hopsital.
Good luck with your re test on tuesday xxx

Back