• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep Apnea Test

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hello peeps
Well I have my sleep apnea booked for a week on tuesday, I need to go in at 3.45pm and wear a tight fittting top and i will be rigged up and have to return teh next day at 10am
does anyone know how discreet this "machine" is will i get away with taking my kids to school and swimming lessons with it on (I dont mean me go swimming lol)

Thanks
Helen xxx

Hi yes you will be fine they thread it through your sleeve and you only put the finger clip on when you go to bed so dont worry you wiill be O.K. People will think you are an undercover cop L.O.L gail:D

I think it all depends on which hospital u r going to as some are happy to just use the apnoea link on ur finger and some want more.
I went private so i had the full monty am sure thats not what u will have, i think the Whit which is the hospital i am under just want the apnoea link on the finger and the oxygen one under ur nose.
My one was 4 diff things and was a pain in the arse big time for sure, maybe post here with the name of the hospital ur under and someone will be able to tell you what they had xxx

Hi, good luck with your tests. I have mine tomorrow at l&d sleep clinic, i don't know what to expect either i'm just going to play it by ear.

Hi never had a test myself, Just wanted to send best wishes & good luck your way, Hope all goes way

Hi all,
i also have a question about this test. What happens if anyone wakes up 4/5 (Max) times to go to the loo :S I'm diabetic and always wake up atleast 2/3 (min) times at night. is it going to make any difference in the test results?

Yes I agree with which hospital you are at, But yes I had the one that goes up your nose (oxygen). then an elastic strap just under my boobs with the device strapped to it and a finger monitor. They then program it for about 11.00pm thats when you place the finger monitor on and it is programed to finish at about 7.00am. I realy dont think its any different if you go private or nhs as they are basicly the same reading. I do know that soon to be slinky sue had hers fitted then went home, I stayed in hospital for 1 night. Gail
I think it all depends on which hospital u r going to as some are happy to just use the apnoea link on ur finger and some want more.
I went private so i had the full monty am sure thats not what u will have, i think the Whit which is the hospital i am under just want the apnoea link on the finger and the oxygen one under ur nose.
My one was 4 diff things and was a pain in the arse big time for sure, maybe post here with the name of the hospital ur under and someone will be able to tell you what they had xxx

Strange question. Does it matter how long you sleep for? I am a bit of an insomniac so don't sleep much. Generally when I'm asleep then I'm asleep though so I don't think I have sleep apnea.

I dont think it matters at how many hours your asleep just so long as they get a true reading while you are in a deep sleep, as this device picks out all your sleeping patterns. They just ask you roughly what time do you usualy go to bed and also what time do you roughly get up in the morning. That is so they can set the device accordingly. Oh by the way dont expect a lie in the next day:eek: as you have to take it back to the hospital usualy by 10.00am the next morning L.O.L. ready for the next person to be strapped to it.:D:D:D Your results are not given to you straight away they are send via your G.P I hope this helps Kind regards Gail.
Strange question. Does it matter how long you sleep for? I am a bit of an insomniac so don't sleep much. Generally when I'm asleep then I'm asleep though so I don't think I have sleep apnea.

i'm waiting my sleep apnea test appointment. Been told it's just the machine.. I thought at 1st i'd have to go in hospital over night, relieved when they told me you take the kit home.
Let us know the outcome of your ordeal.. lol
Thanks for info. xx

Back