• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep Study Tonight

PinkyButtonz

I'm off for my sleep study (sleep Apnea) tonight. I just hope I can sleep as I don't sleep well when I'm away from home.

I know some (think Brett was one) brought their machine home, but I wasn't given that option and didn't know I could of.

Fairy_Dust_Love.gif

goedewensenkoe.gif

Good luck!!!
How do they decide if you need a sleep test or not?

Thanks everyone.

My GP referred me at the same time as my referral for WLS.

I snore for England, but my daughter said I stop breathing. Plus I'm constantly tired and can fall asleep at a drop of a hat.

You'll be ok - i did Sleep Apnea and the effects on Blood Pressure for my thesis at Uni. (i know it's a piece of useless info but there you go lol) Once this is done then fingers and toes crossed you will be able to have your op and become a member of the losers bench

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to make you sleep tonight x

I'm off for my sleep study (sleep Apnea) tonight. I just hope I can sleep as I don't sleep well when I'm away from home.

I know some (think Brett was one) brought their machine home, but I wasn't given that option and didn't know I could of.

Hi there Pinky

I hope it all goes well for you too.

What does sleep apnea feel like?...Is it like you've stopped breathing and you wake up in a slight panic? Because I do that (not a lot though).

I also snore a lot now...I never believed it but my husband did record it...so I can't deny it any longer.

~X~

Last edited:
Good luck tonight Pinky with the sleep test! I did mine a couple of weeks ago (but i was allowed to bring it home - i thoght i would have a better sleep at home). There is nothing to it really, but i didnt sleep very well as i was too worried i would move the little box thing they put on your chest or worse still lie on my belly and squash it!! :D:D
Good luck !! xxx

Hi All,

Thank you for all your best wishes.

Got back at 6.50am.

Sadly didn't sleep well. I was worried I'd keep the other 2 people awake with my snoring, but it was the opposit. I've come home so tired, I'm going to try and get some shut eye.

Hi there Pinky

I hope it all goes well for you too.

What does sleep apnea feel like?...Is it like you've stopped breathing and you wake up in a slight panic? Because I do that (not a lot though).

I also snore a lot now...I never believed it but my husband did record it...so I can't deny it any longer.

~X~

I've never woken in a panic and never been aware that I stop breathing. Though my loud snoring has been known to wake me :eek:.
I was only made aware of it when I woke to find my daughter standing in my bedroom door way. I aksed what she was doing and she said she was waiting for me to start breathing again. I think I scared her as she said this happened on more than one occasion.

Sorry i missed your original post! I had sleep studies at home a few weeks ago and had a real rough time with it. Barely slept a wink. I don't know how they expect you to sleep with all those wires attached to you and that bloody box on your belly! They asked me if i wanted to repeat mine. I said no thanks! Did say i had very very mild sleep apnea they could see from the very little bit of sleep i did have. (Maybe an hour in total at most!) Hope you had a better time with it than me!

Yeah I did the sleep test. Ghastly business, but as long as you slept for at least one wink they can make a diagnosis.

It turned out I was waking to breath 3 times a minute! The CPAP machine has been vile in many ways, but also brilliant, well worth it.

I used to get up once or twice a night to pee but now I sleep straight through. Even in the same possition that I drifted off in, incredible! It has made a huge difference to my day too, I'm far less lethargic, like red bull ~it gives you wings!

I find if I wait till I've just about dropped off to sleep and then put it on it doesn't bother me too much.

Good luck and remember "It's all good"

Hiya Pinky,

where did you go to have the tests done? Homerton referred me over to the chest hospital by victoria park, I saw them earlier this month and have to go back on 11th june to collect the machine to bring home. I then have to wait a further month (july 7th) for the results!

I am such a light sleeper it is very likely I dont have apnoea but i think the aneasthetists like to be certain beforehand.

My son was dx with sleep apnoea when he was 8 yrs old he was tested at great ormond street, it was so frightening watching him sleep and stop breathing, his snore was the loudest snore ive ever heard. Whenever he had a cold or was ill I had to sit up all night watching him as it got so so bad. So snow crystal what you describe, I would say is sleep apnoea.When he was 15 they FINALLY removed his tonsils and adenoids and the surgeon said they could not work out how my son could actually breath with them in they said his adenoids were the largest they had ever seen they described them as the size of big meatballs :O and the tonsils wernt much smaller. As he has got older the apnoa has improved greatly.

I cannot remember where they put the wires on my son for the test, it was 10 yrs ago. Pinky I know we have to wear a box thing but where to we put the wires? ie are theys tuck to our chest or do we have to put them up our nose etc!

Xx

Glad to have you back Pinky - get some rest

No bed like your own bed:)

Sorry i missed your original post! I had sleep studies at home a few weeks ago and had a real rough time with it. Barely slept a wink. I don't know how they expect you to sleep with all those wires attached to you and that bloody box on your belly! They asked me if i wanted to repeat mine. I said no thanks! Did say i had very very mild sleep apnea they could see from the very little bit of sleep i did have. (Maybe an hour in total at most!) Hope you had a better time with it than me!

Funny enough the wires didn't bother me. I wish they had suggested I do it at home.

Hiya Pinky,

where did you go to have the tests done? Homerton referred me over to the chest hospital by victoria park, I saw them earlier this month and have to go back on 11th june to collect the machine to bring home. I then have to wait a further month (july 7th) for the results!

I am such a light sleeper it is very likely I dont have apnoea but i think the aneasthetists like to be certain beforehand.

My son was dx with sleep apnoea when he was 8 yrs old he was tested at great ormond street, it was so frightening watching him sleep and stop breathing, his snore was the loudest snore ive ever heard. Whenever he had a cold or was ill I had to sit up all night watching him as it got so so bad. So snow crystal what you describe, I would say is sleep apnoea.When he was 15 they FINALLY removed his tonsils and adenoids and the surgeon said they could not work out how my son could actually breath with them in they said his adenoids were the largest they had ever seen they described them as the size of big meatballs :O and the tonsils wernt much smaller. As he has got older the apnoa has improved greatly.

I cannot remember where they put the wires on my son for the test, it was 10 yrs ago. Pinky I know we have to wear a box thing but where to we put the wires? ie are theys tuck to our chest or do we have to put them up our nose etc!

Xx

My Gp referred me to Homerton. It was separate from the referral for WLS, though they are aware of it.
I spent the night in Homerton, but I wish I'd known having it done at home was an option.
Take a look at Brett's, mine was similar.

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/91159-sleep-studies-anyone.html

Ah thanks for that Pinky.........I shouldn't have a problem with the wires or equipment although I wonder if they let you wear the box on your back as i ALWAYS sleep on my tummy and sides. I shall ask them.

I was worried it was going to be like a gastric test thingy I had done a few years ago where I had to wear a machine for 24 hours with tubes going up my noise, down my eosophogus and into my stomache. It looks better than that thank goodness.

Back