• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeping positions

Been thinking about my upcoming surgery and realised - I'm a front sleeper! I've always slept on my stomach and can only fall asleep this way. I realise this will have to change!

Anyone else out there, pre or post opper, who sleeps like me? What did you do about it? x :zz:

I'm the same!
Slept on my back for about a week and sometimes on the side but that caused pain sometimes.
After a week or so I moved onto stomach and slept better.

Ok so it's not the end of stomach sleeping! Phew! Fingers crossed it's that easy for me :) x

Sleeping on your front will be the least of your problems once the weight starts to come off, wait till your knees and ankles start banging together and you rediscover your Tail & Hip Bones.
Still trying to find the most comfy position, but its a nice problem to have, sticking a pillow between my knees is the best I have come up with yet, lol.

So true loving the loop, its a weird feeling the knees rubbing together! After my op I was laying on my back but would end up belly down with no real discomfort just habit I guess

I don't think it is coincidence we all preferred sleeping on our side/front before. Thinking maybe the it was maybe weight related:) , or maybe that was just me.

I have always been a front/ side sleeper, but now having lost 7.5 st in almost a year have to always sleep on my front as it's to uncomfortable to sleep on my sides as my hips get sore some times. Straight after surgery i would sleep mainly on my side but with a pillow to the side of my stomach, so could sleep a little on my front aswell, you will find what works for you. I now sleep on my front all the time

Cheers guys. It's interesting how many of us are/were front sleepers. Can't wait until I can feel hips, knees, ankles etc! X

Back