• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve on Wednesday morning

Well on Wednesday this week I have my gastric sleeve surgery. Fingers crossed that is. I was due to have it on 22 May but it was cancelled on the day due to an emergency.

Has anyone had surgery cancelled twice in the day? I'm having surgery with Mr Khan at Walsall manor.

I'm excited, apprehensive and just want it done now. Done milk and yoghurt diet for nearly 8 weeks. 32 lbs down which is good.

Keep you all informed how I get on. Hopefully I'll see you all in the other side, after my op, and it doesn't get cancelled again. I can then join you lovely lot on the losers bench. Here's to getting Wednesday out of the way.

TiaLi

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly this time, and that you will have a speedy recovery so you can fully enjoy your holiday! x

Well yesterday didn't quite go according to plan. Was taken in for my sleeve and woke up in recovery. Unfortunately they had to abandon the op cos they found a massive hernia which needs repairing. Mr Khan said also bypass would be better for me due to hernia.

Battered and bruised septic bleeding throat from the tube. Lots of holes in my tummy and uncomfortable. Was allowed home last night though, which is a blessing.

Signed off for a week, back on normal diet and hernia repair and bypass in 8/10 weeks. Will have to do milk diet again but not concerned about that.

Keep you all informed. At least I can enjoy my hols in 6 weeks now . Not too disappointed, glad they found the hernia to be honest. Onwards and upwards. Anita x

TiaLi

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. You're really not having the best of luck with your surgery dates, are you? First the cancellation and now this! Great attitude though - like you say, good news is they discovered the hernia so they can now repair it.

Thanks hun, I'll be a new woman by the time I'm all done. Glad they found it in a way, suffered from nausea for years but never detected anything. Fingers crossed third time lucky.

Well on Wednesday this week I have my gastric sleeve surgery. Fingers crossed that is. I was due to have it on 22 May but it was cancelled on the day due to an emergency.

Has anyone had surgery cancelled twice in the day? I'm having surgery with Mr Khan at Walsall manor.

I'm excited, apprehensive and just want it done now. Done milk and yoghurt diet for nearly 8 weeks. 32 lbs down which is good.

Keep you all informed how I get on. Hopefully I'll see you all in the other side, after my op, and it doesn't get cancelled again. I can then join you lovely lot on the losers bench. Here's to getting Wednesday out of the way.
wow 8 weeks you are amazing , im lucky my surgeon said for me i dont have to do much pre op diet just dont gain , goodluck

ItsmePaula

OH NOESS. But the positive is you had your hernia fixed. I am so pleased that you are not giving up and seeing it as a total waste. I'm sure you are disappointed but hey, you get to enjoy your holiday and then in another 8 - 10 weeks you will well and truly on the way to being the woman you want to be.

Sorry you have to stay on the milk diet, I am at dry mouth stage on mine, which I have to do for 4 weeks. Glad you are recovering nicely xx

FeeBee

You sound like you're finding the positive in this which has got help psychologically? Definitely third time lucky :)