• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve or bypass in 3 Days time. Which one??

Hi Wilko, so pleased you have not got a clot on your lungs hun! Take care xx

It doesn't seem like alot, it seems fine. Fluids will go striaght through if you just sip at them. You'll know it's too much, if you gulp and it hurts.

Glad to hear it's all done and dusted for you now. It's a hard few days in hospital (I have no idea how so many people say it was a breeze!?) but its always nicer to be home and if you are oooching around, its less oochy in your own private space.

Give it a week and it'll all just be a memory. Take it easy.....it's all downhill from here (in a good way!). x

Thanks Post Opper. I've just today came out of hospital AGAIN. I got took in again Saturday with severe abdo pain and sickness. The pain has stopped now. Just feeling really sick still. Today's the first time I've thought "should I have done this" :-(
I'm hoping the sickness will ease when I get onto puréed food. At the minute I'm craving food. Not junk just FOOD! Is that normal?? Hope everyone else is doing well.
Xx

Oh no wilko, hope you're ok. Do they know what it could be or it is just because yo had surgery? x

Well they said dehydration and I noticed that I have loads of ketones in my wee (was able to test at home). They did a scan to test the sleeve for leakages which thank god it hadn't! That was my worst fear. Today on the ward tho I started doing my own research on the ketone front. Basically because the body is in "starve mode" body fat reserves are being used causing extra ketones (something like that) and not only was that giving me a high reading, which I assume now is normal after this proceedure, but it is most likely the reason for my other symptoms: nausea vomiting lathargic weak and Tacycardia!!!! I've got the lot. Still feel dreadful but hoping that this should also start to fade when I get onto puréed FOOD! Like I said My body's craving food but I'm not hungry! I can't wait to have some puréed mash and beef. Not sure why but that's how it is. As for the stomach pains, after some IV pain killers this soon settled still not sure of the cause.
So as to not scare everyone away from the Sleeve tho, please bear in mind that I have a lot of medication for a back injury which complicates my case and I'm sure is not "The Norm" for healthier folks out there.

You've been through it Hun! I'm pleased its not a leak! Roll on puréed food :) xx

Please take care of yourself !! you have been through so much .... allow your body to tell you how it needs to heal !!! :) keep us posted !!

Hi Sleevegirl. Not long now til your big day. How you feeling?? Just to let you know that despite the rocky start I had, I'm doing well. I know you will too. Take care :) x

Hi Sleevegirl. Not long now til your big day. How you feeling?? Just to let you know that despite the rocky start I had, I'm doing well. I know you will too. Take care :) x

Aww thanks hun :) I am very nervous at the moment. I'm so pleased your doing well :) How many weeks is it now since your surgery? xx

Ahh you will be fine honest. It is so easy to say once you've had op but seriously, despite my hiccups I've not truly felt unwell as such! It will be 5 weeks this Friday. I've lost 2st6 approx. was 17.7st at the start. My Bmi has dropped by 5 already so I'm made up. Will be so happy to answer any questions you might have before and after op (if I know the answer :), also despite the hiccups I so don't regret having it done. Wouldn't go back at all xx

Ahh you will be fine honest. It is so easy to say once you've had op but seriously, despite my hiccups I've not truly felt unwell as such! It will be 5 weeks this Friday. I've lost 2st6 approx. was 17.7st at the start. My Bmi has dropped by 5 already so I'm made up. Will be so happy to answer any questions you might have before and after op (if I know the answer :), also despite the hiccups I so don't regret having it done. Wouldn't go back at all xx

Wow you've done amazing well!! You must be so proud of yourself :) Those 5 weeks have flown by! I bet I'll be throwing lots of questions your way, lol :) xx

Welcome to throw questions my way anytime. Please keep me updated, be kind to yourself now and chill before the big day xx

Welcome to throw questions my way anytime. Please keep me updated, be kind to yourself now and chill before the big day xx

Thanks hun. I'm a bit of a work-a-holic and I'm actually looking forward to the couple of weeks off after the op! xx

Hi Sleevegirl. How's things? I hope the operation went well and you are feeling ok! It gets a lot easier from now. In 6 weeks I've lost 3st2! I feel sure you will too. Good luck. Any questions just ask xxx

Hi Sleevegirl. How's things? I hope the operation went well and you are feeling ok! It gets a lot easier from now. In 6 weeks I've lost 3st2! I feel sure you will too. Good luck. Any questions just ask xxx

Hi wilko, wow 3st 2lb is great!! Well done!! Things are a lot better now. I decided to come back to work today as I had originally planned to take 2 weeks off. It's been ok - more tired than usual though. xx

Back