• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slow start

amelia2311

Has anyone started off with a slow ish weight loss after bypass that got better as they adjusted to more exercise, water and adequate food choices?

I've only lost 3. 5 stone, my surgery was November 20th 2019. I'm a bit disappointed but am going to really concentrate on getting enough water and protein in (its been hit and miss) and want to know of my slow loss is here to stay or of I can kick start it and get the amazing results that some others get?

Bling Babe

Has anyone started off with a slow ish weight loss after bypass that got better as they adjusted to more exercise, water and adequate food choices?

I've only lost 3. 5 stone, my surgery was November 20th 2019. I'm a bit disappointed but am going to really concentrate on getting enough water and protein in (its been hit and miss) and want to know of my slow loss is here to stay or of I can kick start it and get the amazing results that some others get?
Hiya some people do lose slower than others but I have to say that in my opinion 3.5 stone in approx 3.5 months is incredible, don’t be disappointed in that x

Parsnip

I agree with @Bling Babe , your weightloss is hardly slow. I had my bypass July 2019 and have only lost around 4st... Now that is slow... and frustrating!

Bling Babe

I wonder why some people lose slower. I contacted them and they advised back to liquids for 4 days... Hooray😂
So does that mean they are not happy with your loss because I’m sorry but I disagree xxx

Sarnie

I had my op last April and have only lost just over 5 stone since then, which I think is slow. So I don't think your weight loss is slow in comparison, but we shouldn't really compare to others, each of our journeys are different. I think you're doing great x

Lalapo

I have Polycystic ovaries and diabetes and I was told I will lose slower than others. Some weeks I have stayed the same after sleeve but then another week lose a lot.

also if you don’t have loads to lose you won’t lose as much as others. My friend and I had WLS on same day (we met on our operation day and shared a room) at 27 stones in 22 weeks she has lost 7 stones but at 19 stones start I lost 5.

So long as you are losing, its ok. This is your journey. At 26 weeks if you lost 40% of your excess you’re doing well x