• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

smoking help.!

alisoomy71 said:
Does it have to be prescription or can you buy it over the counter?

Ali

It's prescription only. The good thing about it it it's not a nicotine replacement therapy. It works by blocking the receptors in your brain that make you crave nicotine, so you just don't want a cigarette after a week of taking them :)

I love this.....can you come and live with me and wear my hubby Down,:D:D he's no intention of giving up which makes it harder for me as i know its seeing him enjoy a cig thats the hardest part:cry:for me xx I'd apprechiate your nagging :D xxx

First off try with the
"If you loved me you would not smoke in front of me!"
Then you start with the
"What about the kids/grand-kids do you want them to see you with a fag in your hand and think its OK for them to smoke?"
"I/They don't want to visit you on the cancer ward"
"We are only saying this because we love you and want you around for a long time"
Then only allow smoking outside not in the house or the car
no smoking shelters /umbrellas allowed :D.

I can nag you if you want :blahblah: :copon: :D

First off try with the
"If you loved me you would not smoke in front of me!"
Then you start with the
"What about the kids/grand-kids do you want them to see you with a fag in your hand and think its OK for them to smoke?"
"I/They don't want to visit you on the cancer ward"
"We are only saying this because we love you and want you around for a long time"
Then only allow smoking outside not in the house or the car
no smoking shelters /umbrellas allowed :D.

I can nag you if you want :blahblah: :copon: :D

I have read and stored the nagging guideline from you and will begin the nagging sessions but if i have to call in the proffesional i'l contact you directly rofl xxx:D:D:D

There is also the
"Sorry I can't kiss you you smell of old ashtrays" :sign0137:
and the show stopper
"NO sex till you give up smoking" :eek:

Also Collect some nub ends in a jar put some water in and give it a shake (put the lid on first:D) then have a sniff of the contents when you want a cigarette :sign0137::sign0137:

There is also the
"Sorry I can't kiss you you smell of old ashtrays" :sign0137:
and the show stopper
"NO sex till you give up smoking" :eek:

Also Collect some nub ends in a jar put some water in and give it a shake (put the lid on first:D) then have a sniff of the contents when you want a cigarette :sign0137::sign0137:

Uuuuurghh that bit about the nub ends sounds, gross, I can smell it from here :yuk:
Em xxxx

I gave up 3 months ago once I knew I was going to have a bypass shortly.... I did it with patches for a month, and then I also tried the electronic cigarette. I replaced the patches with the electronic cigarette and gradually reduced the strength of the nicotine in the cartridge down to zero, which made for a nice gradual withdrawal, and now I don't even feel the need to puff on the electronic cigarette either, so that method worked for me. I think you have to just find whatever suits you and your lifestyle best and go for it!!!
Good luck though!!
It really was the best thing I have ever done giving up! My only regret is that I ever lit up the first cigarette all those years ago. xxxxx

I gave up in Jan 2011 using patches for 2 weeks, I was also on my way to wls and I needed to lose 2 st to get the yes so I couldn't afford to gain any weight at all. I did it by having a really boring menu of 2 weetabix for breakfast. Half a carton of covent garden soup for lunch, and fish or white meat with salad or veg for dinner, no potatoes, rice or pasta. I allowed myself 2 pieces of fruit a day.
My husband gave up at the same time, he was a 50 a day man. He used Champix, after 3 weeks he became so depressed on them he was crying at tv programs like Eastenders and the Jeremy Kyle show. Please be aware of this side effect, there are reports of suicides on Champix. He was taken off of them and given other treatments but unfortunately he failed and resumed smoking. (I am currently in the nagging mode as I really can't bear the smell or taste of him while he is a smoker. Thanks for the tips Lamornamiss)
My step daughter has gone 2 weeks with the electronic cigarette only, and my step son has just finished his Champix and has been smoke free for 6 and a half weeks. (He also became very moody and down when he had taken them for a couple of weeks)
Good luck, it's another positive thing to do in your quest for a new, healthy life. x

I know I said over a week ago I was going to stop but I didn't :( but........I can proudly say I had my last fag on Thursday 5:45pm and have not had one since. Despite my son mum and dad smoking all round me, sort of they are banished from the house they smoke on balcony or in garden. But I have found that instead of smoking my last one and saying right that's it I still had the urge knowing I didn't have any but this time I have deliberately left a few in a packet in the cupboard so if I did really want one u can but I haven't so woo;) hoo :) x

Back