• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stopping smoking

talia88

So iv been tild I need to try my best to stop smoking so hard to nt smoke and eat bad first day with 1 cig an my ecig so thts ok :)) any tips ppl xx

I gave up 5 years ago, but literally went cold Turkey. Worth speaking to your GP tho as the NHS have a quit smoking programme :)

Ye think im gonna do or well done u have will power I no thy say u have to wnt to an I do but I need to more 4 my health xx

i had a personal "push come to shove" which made me stop....it's not easy tho.

No far from but I need to try my best my chest is not good at all so no time like now is there lol xx

Hey Talia a few family members of mine stopped smoking a while ago and they were heavy smokers. They were prescribed champix from the doctor. Maybe worth asking doc about it xxx

I was told I had to of stopped smoking 6 weeks prior to my op, I joined the local NHS support group who provide you with nicotine replacement free, in return you are required to attend weekly support group meetings for 6 weeks. I gave up 4 months ago now (had my op last week)... my no smoking savings jar is now my new wardrobe fund :) its not as hard as it seems there IS help out there..... good luck xx

Really ill look in to it iv got an ecig an iv smoked 2 cigs today only first day lol but giod start so gonna see hw I get on ye I was told at my per op I had to stop just need to pull that will power out and hopefully ill be ok dnt wnt to put any weight on too witch is hard xx

I stopped smoking 3 years ago using champix from the doctors there is no nicotine in them it's supposed to block the signals in the brain that crave for the nicotine it worked for me but it's hard to stop and have to diet. Good luck :)

I used champix too & would rate it 10 out of 10, got to say I found it really easy & didnt turn to food to substitute a smoke either.

Just make sure there is no tobacco in the house at all when you do give up as the little voices in your head will lead you right to it!

Make sure I dnt hav cigs about an im honna try thus ecig an see hw I go im hoping it wks if nt ill be at the doctors next week xx

I quit smoking using an electronic cigarette - haven't looked back since! Don't go for one of the types that look like a cigarette, they're not very good at all.

I suggest you visit a forum to find out more about vaping - so many people have quit smoking and taken up vaping instead. Probably the best is Planet of the Vapes UK Vaping and E-Cigarette Forum - just ask what to do and people will help you decide what's best for you!

I think your doing really well good for you. I tried to stop prior to my op. I failed miserably and I have had asthma since I was a child. I dreaded op day and had to have an ECG chest X-ray and various other tests on the day prior to going down to theatre. I was literally in a blind panic convinced they wouldn't operate. I was so ashamed of myself and my sheer lack of will power. My blood pressure was high and I knew full well why!! Panic.. All I wanted to say was well done and I admire your will power and keep it up your doing fab x

Hi hun just wanted to wish you luck with giving up them fags lol i had to give up for my op and succeeded using champix gave up September last year, for a few weeks i found it made me feel queasy so gave the e-cig a go BUT that had to go too or no op .............. go to your gp they have a great service to offer with tons of support too gl gl as my surgeon said 'im not prepared to give you a life saving op for you to go and kill yourself smoking!!!!' x x x

Hi hun just wanted to wish you luck with giving up them fags lol i had to give up for my op and succeeded using champix gave up September last year, for a few weeks i found it made me feel queasy so gave the e-cig a go BUT that had to go too or no op .............. go to your gp they have a great service to offer with tons of support too gl gl as my surgeon said 'im not prepared to give you a life saving op for you to go and kill yourself smoking!!!!' x x x

Did they say why no e-cigarettes if you want the op?

They're not at all like smoking in the damage they do to the heart, circulatory and repository system...

Back