• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So annoyed!

I didn't tell my mum until the night before swearing her to secrecy, got home from op to find a get well card from Her next door neighbour so that didn't work to plan :(

I know the feeling. Some of the doubt will come about because of her fares and anxiety. I had friends who got so upset with me, for no reason, saying I was taking the easy option. No they see me they are now fine with it.

Please, you will find other support. Stay focus, and surround yourself with people who will support you. Your mom will eventually come around. 5k to turnaround your life, realise your dreams, live like you have never lived before, is a small price to pay!

Well done on making the positive steps to change your life!

I had quite a hard time from my parents too. My mum has always struggled with her weight and has paid a fortune to slimming clubs with no success. She wanted me to keep trying with her. I said I wanted to break the routine as I was feeling like an oap at 32! She couldnt see it!

They are the most liberal people you could meet so for them to react like this was a kick in the stomach to me. My mum didn't even wish me luck with the op or call just to speak to me before I went in. it broke my heart and was in my mind when being put under which was a horrible feeling.

I came out last weekend and my mum has spent evey day with me since, done my shopping and helped with my daughter. Shes been planning soups and puree food for me and it has made me realise that all of the negativity and turning her head was a coping mechanism and her way of letting me know she didnt want me at harm. Now she knows I am safe she can't breathe again. I think that she has a right to have felt that now, I'd probably be the same with my daughter. I just wish I'd have realised her feelings before. Maybe your family are feeling this in some way?

Back