• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Family feelings

Paula1975

My family have mixed feelings about me going for gastric band. I told my mum who I think doesn't really want me to go for it, but she says if it's what you want. She has in turn told my dad brother sister an aunt. My brother and sister don't want me to do it, my dad is all for it. Anyone else's family have mixed feelings

aww i bet this must be confusing for you, i on the other hand had all the support i needed as they knew it was the right thing for me, i had a bypass, but if you know it is right for you then no-one elses opinion matters, you have to put you and your health first before anyone else. hope you make the right descion for you good luck xx

hi paula, i go for the gastric band on wed. my family dont know. i think this is something i want to do. my hub knows and a few friends but thats it, that way theres less fuss and no annoyances.

I told my dad 2 days before my surgery as I had a cancellation, I was going too tell me mum and dad after I had it done, but sadly me mum died b4 I had the chance too tell her, but my dad and family have been totally supportive and I couldnt ask for anything better tbh, no negativity from anyone, and tbh if they had of done I would have still had the op because I done it for me and no one else. xx Wishing you all the best hun xxxx Remember this surgery is for you and no one else xxxx

I think this is something you have to get your head around because it happens all through the journey. As soon as people know they have an opinion - should you have it done? are you eating properly/enough/the right things etc/
Then when you have lost some weight its their opinion on how much you should lose and whether it suits you etc. I think you have to make your own mind up and then ride out the comments.
You know why you want this and what has driven you to take this step. Focus on that and just smile through all the opinions!
Pretty soon they will see that you are happier and healthier and then maybe they will give you some credit
Loads of love
JO XX

Back