• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So this is where it started...

I read that he was cleared of attacking his daughter when Ammori and his wife split up. The GMC website (well tribunal website) states that evidence was not found and also cleared him. Perhaps he's re evaluating his life?

I read that he was cleared of attacking his daughter when Ammori and his wife split up. The GMC website (well tribunal website) states that evidence was not found and also cleared him. Perhaps he's re evaluating his life?
Wasn't that a long time ago though?

I am surprised though, it seemed as though business was booming when I had my op-there were 9 other patients on my ward that had the same op as me under Ammori that day.

I'm a little disappointed as I chose him as my consultant, I didn't choose the Alexandra hospital. He is my Mum's consultant too (NHS band) and it felt comfy being with him too :grumble:

That's a great shame. Prof Ammori is great, he did my op in May just two days before that case with the GMC. He's a really nice gentleman and a fab surgeon. Hope they can get you sorted soon!

I really wanted my sleeve with Professor Ammori so I tried to book a consultation with him but I was told that he's is not practicing privately any longer!!! :( I was really upset as I really wanted him as my surgeon and I explained that this was because he was my sisters surgeon and she has had a great experience with him. I got quite upset as its taken me ages to finally find the courage to make this decision as I really struggle with anxiety! I really over think everything which leaves me worrying about the smallest things! I try really hard to keep calm but I think I'm just a naturally anxious person :( So all along I'd planned to have Professor Ammori because I totally trust him as I've met him a couple of times when taking my sister to her appointments. The lady I spoke to on the phone was really kind and understanding when I got upset. She said Professor Ammori 'strongly recommends Mr Alan Li as his most preferred surgeon'. Apparently Mr Li has worked closely with Professor Ammori for years and they always look after each others patients if one of them goes away on holiday. So after a long chat with her I was still disappointed but I felt reassured! I took the plunge and booked a free first consultation. My sister came with me and afterwards it was clear why Professor Ammori recommends him! We thought Mr Li was lovely!! Very gentle and kind but clearly very experienced and insightful! I had a million questions but I never felt that I was wasting his time even though he has a waiting room full of patients waiting to see him. We discussed gastric band v gastric sleeve and we felt that I was right in feeling that a sleeve was most suitable. What we really liked about him was that he seemed really genuine. He said that in the early days of his career his eating habits were like mine! He would leave home early to check on his patients with just a coffee, he missed breakfast, would eat fast food for lunch whenever he got chance and then binge around 10pm on his evening meal! I'm just the same! Always rushing from home to school to work.... Looking after everyone else with no time to think about me! So sleeve it is for me :woohoo:

It was earlier this year, so I don't think it was that long ago really. I have no idea if he's working elsewhere, I just remember reading about it, so I had a look on the GMC website

Bugger. Still at least you have a date already. I remember some getting cancelled and then being left to wait for a date. X

I spoke to his secretary today she said she wasnt sure what was happening, obviously im sure she does, but that my surgery should still be with professor ammori but will be at salford royal so now theyre trying to find theatre slots for the people planned at the alex X

Hi Jackie, I've just had the same phone call off Jo at The Alexandra, she confirmed he's no longer doing private practice and we've all been referred back to Salford Just hope it's not going to delay everything for too long. Also spoke to the sleep nurse yesterday and she confirmed my apnea only moderate and shouldn't delay my surgery so I'm meeting with the doctor on Saturday morning xx

Ive met mr senapati when I was looking around for consultants. Seemed nice enough! And I highly recommend the Alexander so it sounds great to me! Good luck with everything!

I'm really glad it's not much of a delay!

I really wanted my sleeve with Professor Ammori so I tried to book a consultation with him but I was told that he's is not practicing privately any longer!!! :( I was really upset as I really wanted him as my surgeon and I explained that this was because he was my sisters surgeon and she has had a great experience with him. I got quite upset as its taken me ages to finally find the courage to make this decision as I really struggle with anxiety! I really over think everything which leaves me worrying about the smallest things! I try really hard to keep calm but I think I'm just a naturally anxious person :( So all along I'd planned to have Professor Ammori because I totally trust him as I've met him a couple of times when taking my sister to her appointments. The lady I spoke to on the phone was really kind and understanding when I got upset. She said Professor Ammori 'strongly recommends Mr Alan Li as his most preferred surgeon'. Apparently Mr Li has worked closely with Professor Ammori for years and they always look after each others patients if one of them goes away on holiday. So after a long chat with her I was still disappointed but I felt reassured! I took the plunge and booked a free first consultation. My sister came with me and afterwards it was clear why Professor Ammori recommends him! We thought Mr Li was lovely!! Very gentle and kind but clearly very experienced and insightful! I had a million questions but I never felt that I was wasting his time even though he has a waiting room full of patients waiting to see him. We discussed gastric band v gastric sleeve and we felt that I was right in feeling that a sleeve was most suitable. What we really liked about him was that he seemed really genuine. He said that in the early days of his career his eating habits were like mine! He would leave home early to check on his patients with just a coffee, he missed breakfast, would eat fast food for lunch whenever he got chance and then binge around 10pm on his evening meal! I'm just the same! Always rushing from home to school to work.... Looking after everyone else with no time to think about me! So sleeve it is for me :woohoo:

Sorry to hijack - this is me! I wanted Prof Ammori for numerous reasons but just missed out as he's no longer doing private. I met a couple of others but have decided to go with Mr Li. I really liked him and bonus that he's done so many operations with Prof Ammori. He's rang me a few times to talk through additional questions and I liked he gave me his mobile number. I'm booked for the sleeve at the Alex on 11.11.16 - I went for the Alex over Spire due to cost even though the consultant would be the same. What have you decided?

Back