• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So frustrated ! Band not working !!

Sherry34

Hi all!
I am 4 weeks post gastric band and I don't think it's working for me !!
I had my first full a week ago and I do have some restriction but I'm not losing anything !
I've joined the gym and have really changed my eating habits but I'm getting impatient and felt like I've wasted my money .. I'm still doing all I can to kick start this weightloss but I'm Losing faith fast.. Half a stone in 4 weeks is not great at all! I need help .. Please ..;(;(;(

Hi. Can you tell us what your intake is? Maybe we could help with food advice? Do you use my fitness pal?

It's really early days. Be patient with yourself & follow the rules your team have given you to learn good habits

the band can take a good number of fills to find restriction and you're very early days, speak with your provider, get more support and arrange regular fills to help you there.

Set realistic expectations of 1-2lb loss a week as its not a fast weight loss surgery method, look at what you're eating, and speK to your provider, but be patient as it can take a good number of fills. But it takes lots of hard work too.

I could have posted this exact same post! In fact I was going to this evening after eating way too much and not feeling anything. The scales have not moved at all and it's frustrating thinking you've done the pain and surgery and you still have to wait for it to even kick in. I know it's meant to be a tool. But you can't hammer a nail without a tool to do so. Tonight I'm feeling like it's not even there. Maybe we will change our minds after the second fill?

I know its hard this old band lark but want to sprinkle a little hope your way :) yes we need to wait for restriction which takes awhile BUT we do have the option to follow the rules which are provided to us by our teams.... just by following the rules and NO fills I have shifted most of my weight :) to be exact 9 odd stone and in just over a year..... it is possible!!! agreed its a tool and it needs to be fully working in which to help but we also need to keep our side of the bargain and follow those very important rules. 20 20 20 all the way..... your band is designed to slow down your eating.... yes I could (if I wanted to eat a full normal sized portion) I choose not to..... even without your band doing the work it works try not to push your bands to the limit and expect it to do all the work.... its a partnership now, and for life...... we are all here willing to help with pointers..... follow those rules and the hunger will be kept at bay....mind over matter im afraid until that magical restriction kicks in x x x x good luck don't be so quick to deem it to be a failure

Hi guys thank you so much for your support I needed that .. Sorry for the late reply ive been doing night shifts all week so I've been unable to sign in here. I am rating considerably less than I used and Im trying to eat healthy but yesterday I realised that Im passing enough urine and I had hunch that I wasn't drinking enough so my body went into retention !! I started to drink more water and and couldn't stop peeing the next morning I got on the scales and 3 lbs disappeared!!!??
I really wasn't paying attention to the post op diet and Im also going wrong there thank you so much for reminding me , I really need to start focusing on myself and this journey more instead of leaving things to fate . I'll also ask my doc for another fill can't wait to hit that green zone !
I have to start looking at this differently its really mind over matter ., once again thank u guys I really appreciate the support .
Ps
Has anyone been on any particular diet that worked with the band ? If u have please share as U could do with all the help I can get right now

Thanks
Sherry xx

Lean protein, lots of veg and low GI carbs worked for me :D

Eat the protein first, for example a chicken breast - chew, chew and chew some more. Then the veg and then only if you need to the carbs x

So pleased for you sweetheart :) its a huge learning curve, it takes awhile to get there lol magic -3 is amazing..... there's a bander's thread 'Saturday weigh in' come along and log there ...helps keep us all focused x x x

I have just joined sw which frankly is pretty much how I have eaten over the last year since banding.... I just hit a wall 3 months ago....eating all the wrong things and hey...weight stopped....in fact some gains too.....its such a fine line, take your eye of the ball for a brief moment and hey presto your back from where you came LOL

For me a 'stone age' diet always works wonders, ditch the processed rubbish ....fresh and healthy..... try and see it as a new healthy lifestyle rather than a 'diet' this is for life now :)

protein first then veg carbs last (if you have time) 20 20 20 ... if weight static then go for a fill BUT am pretty sure they will move once your back in the right eating zone :)

No one ever said it was going to be easy..... I was once told a joke...... basically... a man desperate for money asks god to help him win the lottery...... it never happens so he asks again....again the lottery passes him by....the 3rd time he asks, he adds I have been good an loyal now PLEASE I need to win the lottery .... there's a huge crash and flash and God says WELL AT LEAST HELP ME OUT HERE ...MEET ME HALF WAY AND BUY A GOD DAM TICKET!!!!

I think the common misconception is having wls is the easy option.... possibly our tool is going to be the magic key BUT as the joke clearly points out we need to also put in the hard work too :)

Wishing ALL banders heaps of luck ...put in the work and you will see results :)

Sorry I really don't mean to sound preachy :D x x x

How you doing Kat..... I think of you often x x x x

You guys are a God sent !!! I went from being close to giving in .. To the point of strength and determination just reading your threads!!
The thing that gets me most is that all this support is coming from individuals who know what they're talking about . I will take the advice onboard and keep intouch as my journey continues .

Crystal thank your for your encouragement And that joke is more of an inspiration that anything .. It's so true we can't keep doing the same thing and expect to get different results . We get out what we put in . Lol that was funny tho!!
I wish U guys all the best on your individual journeys as we r all here for the same reasons .
I'm so sorry I can't post pics Im not sure how to do that yet but as soon as I figure it out I'll b posting some before and hopefully afters too!
Good luck and have a great day !!:)

Bands are different to sleeves and bypass. They can take a while to warm up before you get into the swing of things. Best advise has already been given, use this time to change your eating habits and get into the chewing/ drinking rules etc xx

You guys are a God sent !!! I went from being close to giving in .. To the point of strength and determination just reading your threads!!
The thing that gets me most is that all this support is coming from individuals who know what they're talking about . I will take the advice onboard and keep intouch as my journey continues .

Crystal thank your for your encouragement And that joke is more of an inspiration that anything .. It's so true we can't keep doing the same thing and expect to get different results . We get out what we put in . Lol that was funny tho!!
I wish U guys all the best on your individual journeys as we r all here for the same reasons .
I'm so sorry I can't post pics Im not sure how to do that yet but as soon as I figure it out I'll b posting some before and hopefully afters too!
Good luck and have a great day !!:)

Your right hunni :) were in this together and we have all walked them same steps you are now :) my best advise is stay here, keep posting together we will do it ...promise :) we all have our bad times ..... me included but ultimately we have to pick ourselves up and try again..... like I said somewhere else tonight..... if I want to shift this weight ..... its only me that can do it..... we are the makers and breakers of OUR destiny ....our bands are a mere helping hand to slow
down our eating..... once you have the 20 20 20 down to a fine art you will find the hunger subsides..... the 20 20 20 stimulates the nerve at top of tummy...... the food bouncing up and down fools our heads into thinking were full on less food.... that's how it works..... so stick to those rules girls...it does work..... the head is the difficult one..... hmmm if only they made bands for the brain LOL

Anyways girls good luck, take each day at a time..... small steps and small achievements all add up to huge ones :)

6 months till Christmas -2lb a week will see us down by almost 4 stone LOL 1-2lb is average loss per week with a band so even at -1 that's 2 stone down by crimbo :)

BUT remember KEEP POSTING..... the support here is second to none x x x x
Cant wait to see your pics x x x

Hun certainly sounds like you've been given the advice and support you need here. Water water water!!!!

Hey ladies!!
How's the weekend going?
Hope its all good ??
Well I'm at wrk atm having a chicken salad for lunch and can't believe I would live to see the day when I get full on salads and water!!! Lol now that's a funny thought but it looks like the 20/20/20 is working !! Lol.. Go meeeee!!

Hey ladies!!
How's the weekend going?
Hope its all good ??
Well I'm at wrk atm having a chicken salad for lunch and can't believe I would live to see the day when I get full on salads and water!!! Lol now that's a funny thought but it looks like the 20/20/20 is working !! Lol.. Go meeeee!!

GO GO GO GO GO YOU :D wooohooooo you can do it hunni next time you have that hunger moment take a minute to see if its the head or the tummy.... normally the head lol

Once your thinking positive...eating positive it all works ..... the biggest problem is getting back in that space once you've fallen off ..... feeling i'm getting back there too so woooooohoooooo good losses this week :D

Have a fab weekend sweetness...... your sounding so much more positive ...remember this day and how great you were feeling next time those old niggles creep back in :) our life is in our own hands ....create your destiny x x x x x x

Hey girl !
Lol yes my hunger is always head related and I'll get this head right for once in my life no matter what it takes !
Staying positive is not easy but it's not hard when determination kicks in ! Your positivity is rubbing off o me lol ., keep it coming !!!
I'm taking it one step at a time so today is a good day and I'll handle tomorrow when it comes !!

Xx

Back