• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So many different diets!

KaeKaysMom

Century Club
I am not on my pre-op diet yet. But I didnt realize there were so many different ones. I would love to be on a milk and yogurt diet, but my doc puts his patients on a low carbon liquid only diet. My husband said I should start getting my body use to just liquids now by replacing two meals with a protein shake so it won't be such a shock. What do you think? Did you do that?

Low carbon? thats a new one on me!

I had to have slim fast plus fruit and veg and only for a week. I suppose it depends how long you will be on it, any weight loss prior to surgery would be good though.

Good luck.

Certainly won't do any harm to get you in the right frame of mind before the op and also will show your commitment to changing your lifestyle.
I was given low fat low calorie for mine.

Do you mean low carb?

Never heard of a low carbon diet ... not allowed to eat coal???

What ever diet you have to follow, I would try to eat normally until you have to start, and maybe treat yourself to the odd nice meal out! LOL!

I did exactly as you are preposing on the 4 weeks I was on my liver-shrinking diet before my bypass, and yes, I found it to be very helpful once I had my op...not so much of a shock at all. In fact, I much prefered it to eating 'normal' food, albeit low-fat/low-carb. Good luck in whatever you decide xxx

Back