• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So much *****ing ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may be more body perfect than me, But I am more man, currently, than he will ever be :p

Having spent over 3 years on this forum ups and downs occur, don't leave, preferably don't join in and wait it out would be my advice. The one thing you can always be sure of is that by 1 year post op (and often much before that) most people have disappeared however prolific they were in posting before so anyone you don't gel with on the law of averages may not be around for long.

Underlying all of this surface tension is the availability of some great advice and support that its up to you whether you accept or listen to. Most people offer it in a positive way if they don't just ignore them. 4 years ago when I started if you didn't get information from here or other forums you didn't get much. There were many fewer hospitals doing this surgery and we tended to learn from others experience and what was gleaned from USA sites.

Yep 4 years is a lifetime in the development of WLS. Now there are new surgeons and hospitals coming on stream everywhere in the UK but you really can't beat real life experiences and if enough long termers stay around you can get a range of those to see what can happen. Individuals can use the posts from long term people to enrich the hospital advice, query it if you feel valid points have come out of personal experience or just to provide an almost immediate feedback to a query or problem which can help you decide if a call to the team is valid.

Popping back into my shell now. Always here but quietly watching, posting only when I have something, hopefully, worthwhile to add, so rarely.

M

Last edited:
CCPM said:
Having spent over 3 years on this forum ups and downs occur, don't leave, preferably don't join in and wait it out would be my advice. The one thing you can always be sure of is that by 1 year post op (and often much before that) most people have disappeared however prolific they were in posting before so anyone you don't gel with on the law of averages may not be around for long.

Underlying all of this surface tension is the availability of some great advice and support that its up to you whether you accept or listen to. Most people offer it in a positive way if they don't just ignore them. 4 years ago when I started if you didn't get information from here or other forums you didn't get much. There were many fewer hospitals doing this surgery and we tended to learn from others experience and what was gleaned from USA sites.

Yep 4 years is a lifetime in the development of WLS. Now there are new surgeons and hospitals coming on stream everywhere in the UK but you really can't beat real life experiences and if enough long termers stay around you can get a range of those to see what can happen. Individuals can use the posts from long term people to enrich the hospital advice, query it if you feel valid points have come out of personal experience or just to provide an almost immediate feedback to a query or problem which can help you decide if a call to the team is valid.

Popping back into my shell now. Always here but quietly watching, posting only when I have something, hopefully, worthwhile to add, so rarely.

M

Well your absolutely spot on!
If I hadn't found this forum and members,I would have walked into my Pre-op appointments totally clueless.
Due to good sound advice from long term members and new members asking questions.
It had given me the confidence I needed to ask questions at my appointments.

It's a new day,let's all play nice! Xx

Ain't that the truth. I joined mini's originally when I was doing Cambridge or Scottish slimmers. I found the surgical section a month or 2 before my surgery. There were about 10 members in all! Only 1 more than a month post op, most pre-op. coincidinkilly 1 was due to have her op same day as me at the same hospital. None of those original 10 are still here except me. Lingering like a bad smell!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

shelbell said:
Ain't that the truth. I joined mini's originally when I was doing Cambridge or Scottish slimmers. I found the surgical section a month or 2 before my surgery. There were about 10 members in all! Only 1 more than a month post op, most pre-op. coincidinkilly 1 was due to have her op same day as me at the same hospital. None of those original 10 are still here except me. Lingering like a bad smell!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

A beautiful flower smell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back