• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So what is life like now?

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
So, what is life like for me now that I have lost the weight I wanted to lose?
Well, its complex! I expected to lose the weight and for all health issues and pains to go away, and for a while most of them did.
Now I have to perform a fine balancing act, my blood sugars are naturally very low and they are always wanting to dip low, I have days where I will have hypo after hypo and it was really getting to me. I discovered that if I have porridge for breakfast with some hot chocolate in it, the hypos happen less often, so that is what I do, and then I have a snack often to keep my sugars stable. It seems to be working but obviously there are days where nothing works and I bounce in and out of little hypos. So that is a pain in the bum. I dump rather easily these days too, so I have to be very careful or I spend the next two or three hours zonked on the sofa...not fun!
I get more headaches these days, but then again Im stressed about things in my life, so its no wonder.
I am having real trouble with lower back pain, I dont know if its sciatica or a trapped nerve or muscle wastage, Im not so sure, but it is agonising. Im ok if Im relaxed and comfy, but I only work an hour and a half a day yet by the end of it I am in so much pain I could cry, same if I go out and walk around too much. I dont let it stop me, I just breath through it and get on with life but I WILL be going to my GP for advice.
My personal life? Hhhmmmm...that is far too complicated to even get started on but lets just say that I am sick and tired of arguments and insecurity and me being made to feel like if I smile the wrong way or get one too many texts then I must be doing something naughty...its flipping annoying, but the least said about that the better I think.
So, thats life for me now that Im slim. I still wouldnt change it for the world and am infinately happy with the world in general.
Just thought I would share lol
Steph xx

Last edited:
Hi Steph

Lovely to see a post from you x

Sorry your are suffering though, I hope the visit to the GP sheds some light.

As for the personal life, again sorry things are a bit strained. My OH has always been a bit jealous and possesive and earlier in my journey we had some major issues. Thankfully we have worked through most of these but its damn hard work.

Take care and let us know how your gp visit goes x

Hey Steph. First of all, sending you massive hugs x x your back problems sounds similar to mine, ask your gp to arrange an MRI.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Interesting read Steph... I've started having hypos which I've never had before & also hypers over the weekend. My bloods ranged from 2.8 up to 12.7 at the weekend with no major change in my eating... am a bit fed up as I was hoping that the op would have helped all this.

I can also eat lots... I've stopped really posting on here as I became really depressed with how much I can eat compared to everyone else. Feel like I'm having to watch what I eat / diet more than I did before my op.

Hope you can get things sorted miss, I'm sorry to hear that things aren't great at home, I always remember yr posts radiating happiness of how yr home life was.

Thanks for posting this... sorry I've used it to air my woes. x

Massive hugs Everyone and thinking of all of you... great to see you posting and wishing everyone every good wish in every way... love you all and wanting the best of everything for you all.

Take good care everyone... xxx

Hey ditzee, hugs for you too x it's when you're struggling that you need more support, not less. There are other members struggling at the moment who would benefit from hearing that they aren't alone. Have you read the pouch rules lately? There is a lot of stuff in there about how pouch size doesn't affect weight loss or maintenance so long as you follow the pouch rules which you might find reassuring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

So, what is life like for me now that I have lost the weight I wanted to lose?
Well, its complex! I expected to lose the weight and for all health issues and pains to go away, and for a while most of them did.
Now I have to perform a fine balancing act, my blood sugars are naturally very low and they are always wanting to dip low, I have days where I will have hypo after hypo and it was really getting to me. I discovered that if I have porridge for breakfast with some hot chocolate in it, the hypos happen less often, so that is what I do, and then I have a snack often to keep my sugars stable. It seems to be working but obviously there are days where nothing works and I bounce in and out of little hypos. So that is a pain in the bum. I dump rather easily these days too, so I have to be very careful or I spend the next two or three hours zonked on the sofa...not fun!
I get more headaches these days, but then again Im stressed about things in my life, so its no wonder.
I am having real trouble with lower back pain, I dont know if its sciatica or a trapped nerve or muscle wastage, Im not so sure, but it is agonising. Im ok if Im relaxed and comfy, but I only work an hour and a half a day yet by the end of it I am in so much pain I could cry, same if I go out and walk around too much. I dont let it stop me, I just breath through it and get on with life but I WILL be going to my GP for advice.
My personal life? Hhhmmmm...that is far too complicated to even get started on but lets just say that I am sick and tired of arguments and insecurity and me being made to feel like if I smile the wrong way or get one too many texts then I must be doing something naughty...its flipping annoying, but the least said about that the better I think.
So, thats life for me now that Im slim. I still wouldnt change it the world and am infinately happy with the world in general.
Just thought I would share lol
Steph xx

Sorry things aren't great at the moment Steph hope things sort themselves out for you very soon xxx

Massive hugs Everyone and thinking of all of you... great to see you posting and wishing everyone every good wish in every way... love you all and wanting the best of everything for you all.

Take good care everyone... xxx

Hi Ditzee please dont not post because you are struggling, as Shel said were here to support eachother through good times and bad. xxx

Hi Steph lovely to see a post from you again :D Sorry you are having a tough time at the moment both physical and emotional (HUGS) I worry about the emotional side of things too and I hope it doesnt cause too stress for you, take care hun and let us know how you go on at the GP's :D XX

aw steph, am so sorry to hear about things, do u have a problem with your leg/s, sometimes sciatica actually affects your legs as well, please go and get it sorted asap.
and im really really sorry to hear about your personal life too, its not that long ago that you were sooo happy, and it radiated from your posts. all i can suggest is that you keep talking to hubby, and reassuring him that just cos uve lost weight, hes still the one for you, please keep posting, its really great to hear from you, and it might help to get it all off your chest. big hugs xx xx

Hey steph sorry to hear things aren't great, chin up lovely nice to see youv
Back x

As someone pre-op I really appreciate the honesty here - it prepares you for the fact that losing weight doesn't fix everything. My relationship is something I especially worry about.

Sending you big hugs Steph, I hope you get things sorted - both physically and emotionally - as your posts have been some of the biggest inspirations to me over the last few months.
Lots of love,
xXx

Hi Steph, so sorry to hear how much pain you are in both physically and emotionally....

You are not the first person i've heard of who has a bad back which causes me concern. I think i will start some kind of exercise programme for my muscles as soon as i can afford the gym and a personal training session...

Ditzee, please don't stop posting on here, it's people like you and me who have to show the others that it's not all peaches n cream after wls but you can fight it xx

Hiya Steph
So lovely to see you posting, although am sorry to hear about the back pain, and home troubles. As you know, I am going through hell at the moment, but OH is moving out tomorrow, taking his things, ie kettle, telephones, sofas, nests of tables, plasma tv etc. So I am left with hardly anything.
Oh well, got to get on with it.
Have been eating really badly too, as we had a row earlier, just eaten a pasty and then a caramel egg. This has got to stop as from tomorrow!!!!
So glad of this forum, and the support it brings to each and every one of us.
Love you, keep smiling hun
Jan xxx

Hi Jan, I've been thinking about you a lot precious and wondered how all was working out... hopefully, you'll feel much better when this turmoil is over for you.

Steph... Ditzee... we need you on here... thinking of you too.

Love and hugs xxx

Its nice to see a post from you Steph, its been a long time :D As you know this is a place where you can talk about the good, the bad and the ugly!

Hope things get better for you hun

*huggles* x

Steph, within a couple of months of having my op i had extremely painful sciatica.....doc says that my body was getting used to lying, sitting etc. in a different position and may have resulted in pinched nerves etc.

I went to see a sports therapist and he was amazing. The treatment was very painful at times but within weeks I was 100% better. I also used resistance machines at the gym (adductor/abductor) to help strengthen the muscles in my upper legs and backside.
Do you have a sports therapist nearby you could try? Sometimes colleges are looking for 'subjects' for their sports therapy students to work on too.
Might help you relax and have some time away from any problems going on just now. Hope that gets sorted soon for you.
Good Luck.

Hi Steph nice to meet you and sorry to hear about your circumstances. I thought it was my imagination that I too had been suffering more back pain since my op. Some good advice form the girls thanks!

Back