• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So what is life like now?

Good to see you posting, but I'm sorry lifes not all sweet right now. keep that beautiful smile on your face, remember how far you've come and keep talking....xxx

I know I'm new to the site and pre-op but would like to say I really admire your honesty.
I really hope things settle down for you
Take Care
Kim x

Steph sorry to hear that things are hard for you at the moment. I really hope that you're able to get some help from your GP. I found that osteopaths have helped me a lot with my back problems over the years and especially this past week.

Linzi, I hope that you will keep on posting. I find the support on this site invaluable.

Sending you all lots of hugs and love and will keep you in my prayers.

steph, stick with it huni, you and mr steph will sort it out, he must feel insecure at the moment, hopefully, he'll get less panicky as time goes on.
i havent got much chance, if a lot of ppl are getting a bad back since surgery, mine was already chronic before, oh well, what cant be cured must be endured, - with the help of pain meds of course. lol

Lovely to see a post from you Steph, but sorry to hear of your struggles at the mo.

You have a lot of friends here, and have inspired many people, so please dont be a stranger and draw on the support that is here as it sounds like you could do with a helping hand right now x x

Hi Steph. I can relate to your pain problems as since losing weight, I've been in more pain than I had pre op. I'm now taking two different types of pain killers and I'm seeing a physio who confirmed my suspicions that it's excessive wear and tear on my joints from being overweight for so long. But I agree with you, despite the pain, the op and weight loss is still worth it. I hope your GP can help you with your physical pain. If he just fobs you off with meds, keep going back like I did. I've also been referred for the Active for Life scheme where you get help with exercise, maybe that will help you build up muscle to help support your back.

As for the problems with your OH, I have no experience in that area as I was single before my op and I'm still single now, so anyone I meet will only know me as post op Jackie. I don't really know any details as to what the problems you're having are but my advice is to keep talking (as the old advert said). The more you thrash out your feelings with each other, without blame, then things might just work out. Have you considered going to Relate? They might be able to give you the tools to sort things out.

The operation to help us lose weight is just that. I doesn't fix everything else that is wrong in our lives and sometimes, it causes new ones whether it's physical pain or relationship problems.

I really hope you get the help you need soon to sort all your problems.

Much love to you and Jan and Ditzee. I might not post often but I do log on daily to see how everyone's getting on.

Hi Stephie. It's lovely to see you posting, I've missed you and been wondering if you were ok. Please forgive me for not getting in touch.
I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles love. I too can relate to the pain issues; though for me it's not back pain but joint pains (shoulders and hips mostly) which is the big problem. I too am going to pester the GP this week. I hope you get some answers about your issues and some proper help too. Back pain is utterly miserable.

I'm also so sorry to hear about your other issues. You've always come across as so happy. I don't know what I can say except keep talking. Communication is key. I'm going to be praying more for you love.

Linzi, please please don't stay away. You've done so well and always been such an encouragement. I want to be able to encourage you the way you have me. I miss you too.

Jan, you've gone through so much. Please don't beat yourself up love. I believe you can get back on track healthy diet wise, but in a way more importantly, back on track with getting some happiness ad joy out of life. Material things aren't as important as your peace and happiness love.

Much love to you all
Grace xxx

heya steph luv - great to see a post from you again! ive missed you keep posting hun!
i cant really comment on your relationship hunny coz im not exactly a great role model in that respect either so ill just say talk it through with each other, take a holiday and have a nice relaxing stroll while you talk about how much you love eachother! hope things pull through for you as you seem to make a great couple even though i dont know ya!
get to your gp about your pain hun maybe hel be able to sort it for ya or if not give you some good painkillers to help you along abit!
were here every day if you need to chat hun! you was here for me when i was down, so know that im always here for you - BiG HuGs!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hiya stephi, how you feeling today huni, did you go to see your gp about your back pain, if so, what did he have to say, i hope he gave you something for it. hope you and mr stephi, are getting sorted out, you both love e ach other, so hopefully, things will settle down soon for you. these men are fickle people arnt they.
big hugs xxx

Hi guys
Unfortunately Ive left it too late to thank a lot of you for the posts, so Ill have to thank you here xxx
The relationships issues are far too complicated to even begin to try to explain, Tom and I talk lots about it, thats not the problem, I cant go in to it though, its just too complicated, but thank you all for your advice and words of wisdom on that.
My back pain...I havent been to the doctors yet. My sister suggested that I lived in flat shoes for years and now I am almost always in heels, so I decided to give it some time wearing flats, which really hasnt made much difference. The pain starts as an ache in my lower back and then intensifies and becomes so sore that it really does take my breath away to stand, then it radiates in to my hips and legs and my lower body. Literally just touching the area can be very painful and the area gets very very warm.
I will be seeing the doctor about it at some point when I can.
Im looking forward to the warmer weather this year, I cant wait to get some sun on my skin and be able to wear some floaty girly dresses...cant wait lol
Anyway, how are we all? Well I hope xxx
Steph xx

Hi steph ,
Hope things work out for you,just take a day at a time.
I too cannot wait for summer,
No more sweat rashes!!! Woo hoo x

Oh you can still get sweat rashes, there is still excess skin to get the rashes on if youre not careful. Like is comfier now though lol
Steph xx

Steph - Thank you for sharing this. It's really helpful to have a realistic idea of what it would be like to get to goal weight.

a lot of what your describing with your back and lower body, is similar to what i have, mine is caused by permanent nerve damage, permanant sciatica, so it could be that youve got a trapped nerve somewhere, or like someone else suggested, with the weight loss, the mechanics of how your body moves has changed, which could be causing some probs, i think u need to s ee the doctor as soon as u can arrange it. hopefully he can help sort it out for you. big hugs xx

Youre often in thought Stephie... always here if we are needed... sending love as always xxx

I think a bit of the problem is the weight of excess skin. Whilst it doesnt look TOO bad, its rather dense and it weighs downwards on my back, so I think whatever else it is, it is also that.
Ill get along to the GP.
Thanks guys xxx
Steph xx

Steph... how are things looking for the parachute jump?... do hope you'll feel better soon precious xxx

Bev, I have to put some money in tomorrow from people and I think I am then around £40 short of the £500 target they set to let me book the jump.
Steph xx

Back