• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soooo happy :-D

I went horseriding today :)

I owned my own horse, Star, for 12yrs but unfortunately I had to sell her in Jan due to lack of money and time. FORTUNATELY one of my close friends bought her though so ive still seen her regularly.

For the yr or so before I bought her I didn't ride though as I have early arthritis in knees and hips and plus I always thought I was too heavy for her (I wasn't, she is a huuuuge shire x weight carrier) but was all in my head!

At wknd me and my friend were at the stables and she basically told me to stop being so bloody stupid and get my, less fat, ass on her. So I did! Only for bout 15 mins but I did it!

Then, today me and her daughter went out on a hack for 45 mins and I had noooo pain at all! Trotted around, no probs at all :-D

Am sooooo happy. Nrly 4 and a hlf stone lighter and things are already bk to how they were a few yes bk. I love my girly so much (me and friend agreed I'll always be her mummy, she just fostering here haha. Might even buy her back at some point in future)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ah what a lovely thread. I'm really happy for you.. the first of many good things that will happen because of your weight loss!! Well done x

Thats fantastic - those kind of experiences make this weightloss journey of ours so much fun

Well done x

I know! I rode for 20 yrs and would go out for hrs but it just got too painful. Plus it amazing exercise so doing something I love and burning calories at the same time!
When I've changed jobs and have, hopefully, some extra ££ I'm going to start having a few lessons. Not had any for yonks and have soooo many bad habits!

I'm sure I'll be moaning tomoro about my legs being stiff as Star is rather wide but, for today, am ecstatic!!!

Plus had a gd job interview today so keep your fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi there,

Thats a lovely story. I remember talking to you about horse riding before your op. Your weight loss has been fantastic, well done. You deserve to go out and enjoy your ride.

Leesh x

Thats fantastic. these are things that this journey is all about...I miss my horse dreadfully and your story really touched my heart..

Well done on you weight loss so far.. I hope many more of your dreams come true :)

This is fantastic- so happy for you hun.
Learning to ride is on my wish list. I think I need to get down to 16 stone or less to be fair to the poor horse so it's a long way off yet. I'm quite worried that I'm too old to learn. I'll be at least 51 before I'm thin enough to get in the saddle and have never been on a horse, apart from a 1 hour pony trek when I was 14 !
What do you experienced riders think?

Fantastic news and I'm sooooo jealous!!

I had to sell my boy when I was made redundant a fews years back, not ridden since because I'm too fat for every riding school in the country (not for much longer though)!! Can't wait to get back in the saddle though so I can imagine how you felt when you did! :)

H x

Back