• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sore port

mandymoo

7 weeks post op - still very tender when I lean on it or lay on it, is this normal?
Thanks
X

Hi Mandy,

Not sure if its normal as such but I was just the same. It drove me mad. Much better now though and I hardly notice it. I can lie on my side etc. Still get twinges from it though. My providers put it down to me over doing it, carrying my two year old round on my hip all the time and lugging bales of hay for my daughters horse!

It should get better with time but if it becomes a worry its always worth mentioning stuff to your providers because they know the ins and out of you, literally. Is your port near your ribs?

Leesh x

Leesh said:
Hi Mandy,

Not sure if its normal as such but I was just the same. It drove me mad. Much better now though and I hardly notice it. I can lie on my side etc. Still get twinges from it though. My providers put it down to me over doing it, carrying my two year old round on my hip all the time and lugging bales of hay for my daughters horse!

It should get better with time but if it becomes a worry its always worth mentioning stuff to your providers because they know the ins and out of you, literally. Is your port near your ribs?

Leesh x

Thanks Leesh, haven't felt my ribs for years lol seeing the dietician next week so will check - nice to know it's not just me x

hi mandy, mine is also quite sore.. from time to time it is aching when i bend down, when i asked provider they told me not to bend!!! lol... the pain isnt always there, but it does flare up

Maura said:
hi mandy, mine is also quite sore.. from time to time it is aching when i bend down, when i asked provider they told me not to bend!!! lol... the pain isnt always there, but it does flare up

Hi Maura, mines seems to be first thing must be when I've laid on it x

Im 2 months post op and if i bend to my left i feel a dull achy pain by port area. Also, if i toss over in the night to my left side i feel the dull ache...but its nothing that bothers me.
Ive asked my provider and this is fine.

Tamgredan said:
Im 2 months post op and if i bend to my left i feel a dull achy pain by port area. Also, if i toss over in the night to my left side i feel the dull ache...but its nothing that bothers me.
Ive asked my provider and this is fine.

Will have to ask mine next week x

my side was very sore last night, got very little sleep. its not as bad now but very worrying. i couldnt face surgery again if something is wrong. i think it must be stretched or something hows urs now mandy?

my cousin had this same problem all the incisions healed really well, but the port took ages and had pain around it for weeks, but then she has 3 kids a pony and a cob to look after so didn't get much recovery time?? hope it gets better soon.x

have overdone things so have to take things easy, my pain not as bad now

Maura said:
my side was very sore last night, got very little sleep. its not as bad now but very worrying. i couldnt face surgery again if something is wrong. i think it must be stretched or something hows urs now mandy?

Hi Maura ok during the day unless I forget & learn on it. More first thing but do tend to sleep on that side. Hope yours is better x

kerry2010 said:
my cousin had this same problem all the incisions healed really well, but the port took ages and had pain around it for weeks, but then she has 3 kids a pony and a cob to look after so didn't get much recovery time?? hope it gets better soon.x

Now the feeling, a 4 year old & a 9 month old keep me in my toes lol x

Maura said:
have overdone things so have to take things easy, my pain not as bad now

Good I think we tend to forget, now worrying I won't end up looking old with lots of extra skin lol x

Back