• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Personal Goal achieved today

Mixman

I know you know about my ongoing fight to lose weight and get fit etc.

It's tough at times, really hard. I'm not talking about the eating well, cutting things out. That's pretty easy really, just have to believe it's the right thing to do. I've had no bread, biscuits, cakes etc since 20th June last year! And I don't miss them!
What's hard at the moment is knowing my body is changing, but not losing weight. I've had to stamp another hole in my belt as it's got slack again. But those magical scales haven't budged for 2 weeks. I've still lost 11 stone, that's good. But I know I have to push harder to lose more. So I've been building up my length of time on the bike and distance. Well today I've done something I always said I wish I could do.

At my fiancé's in Hull, when I've been down in the past, I've always said "I wish I could walk up to the Humber Bridge, across and back again" In all fairness, I've just been a overweight lazy pig. I've even gone to the tesco at the end of the street in the car. I counted the steps the other day, 122 steps! I was too lazy to walk them before!

Well, sorry to go on, but all that's behind me now. Today I got on my bike and cycled up the hill to the Humber Bridge, across it, crossed over, cycled back the other side and then back 'home'
Bang on 11 miles too so that's the '10 mile' barrier crossed that I wanted to achieve too!!

I'm not saying it was easy, far from it, my legs were killing me 30 minutes after I got back. But that's just temporary!

I'm over the moon! And it's the encouragement and advice I've been getting from people on here and Facebook etc that's been driving me on when times have been hard. So a big thank you too

Well done mixie

The problem is muscle weighs heavier than fat so with all the exercise you are building muscle have you checked out your inches
luvs

Fantastic!! Well done to you, you are doing brilliantly well.

Cuppa xx

that is brilliant well done x

Nice one Mixy

Sounds like your increasing you muscle mass, which is a good thing as this will aid you longer term in maintaining weight lose.......you'll eventually get to a point when losing is no longer the goal, but fitness is.

well done mate it must feel great to hit goals and actually feel the sense of achievement..... and now for the jogging there and back :D
well done big pat on the back

Well done hun!! That's fantastic!!!!

Well done mixie

The problem is muscle weighs heavier than fat so with all the exercise you are building muscle have you checked out your inches
luvs

WENDY!

Oh right, yes Mixman you're buffing up with muscles most likely...

How marvellous to have done 11 miles? Whats your next personal goal going to be?

I've just noticed your ticker thing............155 pounds!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be so proud!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am dead chuffed, I want to be a double century loser :D

Well it won't be long at this rate!! Have you got a goal date in mind or are you just going to take it as it comes??

Wow! Thats brilliant and a great milestone for you. Keep smiling x

Back