• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorry but I love food!

phatgirl

I seem to be in the post-op minority but I still love food! I don't worship it like I used to thank goodness but I still really enjoy eating. Maybe that is down to the fact that I haven't struggled with eating and being sick. Not really sure but I feel like I am in the minority as a bypasser.

Do any of you post-ops (band or bypass) still love food? I look forward to eating out and having nice things. I enjoy planning my meals and thinking up new things to try. I practically salivate when I read some of my favorite blogger's recipes! So am I the odd man out or what? I know that I have a love for cooking which may directly influence my still active love for food but that can't be all there is to it surely?

Anyway would love to hear your comments!

Nic;)

oh nic i definatley still love food, some things ive gave up completley, the way i look at it was before the food was in charge of me, now im in control not the food it feels good to be in control for the 1st time in my life. i feel that i can appreciate it more now than before my op, as its learned me to eat slowly/correctly rather than shovelling it in at great speed, now i appreciate the flavours and textures more if that makes sense.

another great thread thankyou nic x

liz xxx

Nic, you reminded me of Susan Maria Leach! I just hope I'm the same when I'm post-op. Mxx

I still love food too, not in quantity any more but flavours and quality.

Tonight for example I am having homemade sticky BBQ ribs, egg fried cous-cous and for dessert homade virtually fat free lemon cheesecake.

I have about 2 ribs, my OH has the rest and I do him rice and me cous cous as I dont do rice.

The individual cheesecakes are made by crushing up 3 light digestives each, mix with teaspoon of very low fat spread, add a little ginger or cinnamon. Then in a bowl mix 200 gram 0% fat greek yoghurt, 1 tbsp philadelphia extralight and 1 tsp lemon curd. Spread biccy mix in a bowl and plonk creamy mix on top and put in fridge to set....YUM!!!

So yep - still love food...:D

I still love food. I preferred it pre-pregnancy when there wasn't so much pressure around eating lots etc, but I enjoy most of my meals and enjoy eating out.

I still love food but I haven't had a fill in my band yet so things may change!! However I've never felt sick or been sick since I've had my band so that could be a reason.

Cant eat, dont want to eat but have to eat - food is for me as much fun as going to the dentist - Im assured this will change over time but right now I could eat cardboard for all the satisfaction I get out of it.

Nic, you reminded me of Susan Maria Leach! I just hope I'm the same when I'm post-op. Mxx

Oh I love that woman Susan Maria Leach, I hope that I can be 7 years post-op and maintain my losses like her! She is an inspiration to me and I would love to write a book, run my own wls website & company like her! And you can be just like that post-op, you just have to decide to get your head right and work hard!

Hugs hun you comparing me to that brilliant lady has made my day!
Nic:p

Caz, you are fellow foodie like me. That recipe sounds brilliant I will have to try it! Do you think it is because we both love to cook that finding yummy is easy for us?

Food for thought, lol

I still love food. I preferred it pre-pregnancy when there wasn't so much pressure around eating lots etc, but I enjoy most of my meals and enjoy eating out.

I bet it is bad to feel like you are forced to eat, goes against or very nature doesn't it? Hopefully it will get better for you and then you can be friends with food again.

Cant eat, dont want to eat but have to eat - food is for me as much fun as going to the dentist - Im assured this will change over time but right now I could eat cardboard for all the satisfaction I get out of it.

I am sorry to hear you say this but sadly you are not alone in your feelings. That is why I started this thread because it seems to me that lots of post-oppers not only shed their love of food but actually begin to resent having to eat, this makes me sad:cry:

I think (hope really) that it might be a temporary reaction to the stress and trauma of surgery and healing. Maybe as time goes on and you have less issues with food, can eat a slightly larger volume and basically are back to a more normal eating pattern you won't dread eating so much.

Sending you good wishes to make peace with food so that you can enjoy it again.

Nic:eek:

I seem to be in the post-op minority but I still love food! I don't worship it like I used to thank goodness but I still really enjoy eating. Maybe that is down to the fact that I haven't struggled with eating and being sick. Not really sure but I feel like I am in the minority as a bypasser.

Do any of you post-ops (band or bypass) still love food? I look forward to eating out and having nice things. I enjoy planning my meals and thinking up new things to try. I practically salivate when I read some of my favorite blogger's recipes! So am I the odd man out or what? I know that I have a love for cooking which may directly influence my still active love for food but that can't be all there is to it surely?

Anyway would love to hear your comments!

Nic;)

Oh yes I still enjoy food, the social side of it as well as planning what I can eat. I try to look at websites before I go out to see what's on the menu. That helps.
I do hate the fact that I have to leave most of it though.

Mind you when I go out with my son - who is currently halfway up Mt. Kilimanjaro at the moment with his wife!! - he ususally polishes off what I can't eat.

I think I feel more in control now, because in the past I would probably have eaten the whole plateful and any sides too so now I have to stop or I'll be ill.

Thankfully I haven't been sick - well once when I ate some hummous and crisps too fast - won't be doing that again!

The going out is good now because the weightloss has made me less self-conscious. I do miss having a glass of wine with my meal though as my hospital recommends you stay of the alcohol for a year.

x x x

Oh I love that woman Susan Maria Leach, I hope that I can be 7 years post-op and maintain my losses like her! She is an inspiration to me and I would love to write a book, run my own wls website & company like her! And you can be just like that post-op, you just have to decide to get your head right and work hard!:p

Phatgirl - I think you could do all that - I'd join your site! Your recipes and suggestions are so helpful. x x

Phatgirl - I think you could do all that - I'd join your site! Your recipes and suggestions are so helpful. x x

Aww, thanks hun that is very sweet of you to say. Maybe I will someday and I know I would have at least one member, lol!;)

Caz, you are fellow foodie like me. That recipe sounds brilliant I will have to try it! Do you think it is because we both love to cook that finding yummy is easy for us?

Food for thought, lol

Yes, I think a love of cooking and creating new things is a massive help.

My love of flavour has been there since a young kid, mum used to gives us curry, chinese and spaghetti bolognese. Also my brother is a professional chef with a keen interest in healthy low fat dishes, he has been good inspiration.

I am not afraid to try anything once and have always been adventurous.

I don't rely on old standards, I will always try and invent things. I can't imagine ever being bored of food, even though I have had to adapt and loose many parts of my old diet.:)

I am geting to the stage where I am enjoying food. I have however realised that I get far too stressed about things and this can afeect my eating. I have started eating separately from the children unless Hubby is here. I had a bad reaction to my zinc tablets on saturday and that has been the only time in the last 3 weeks that I have been sick after food. I have realised that food can be enjoyed and eating out is not a problem for me but it is for my hubby as he feels guilty about what I can no longer eat.

This sounds like ME. I just can't be a*sed with food. Today I have had half of small jacket potatoe with a tablespoon of tuna mayo and really struggled to eat it. I'm not even bothered about drinks and only drink because I have to.

This sounds like ME. I just can't be a*sed with food. Today I have had half of small jacket potatoe with a tablespoon of tuna mayo and really struggled to eat it. I'm not even bothered about drinks and only drink because I have to.

You need to drink...it's so important...food you could live without for ages but not water...

You should be trying for 2 litres a day minimum.

Back