• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help guys am so fed up

Awww Bex so sorry you are having problems sweetheart. I did hear that Lactulose can cause dumping in some people so I avoid it now. What worked for me was Movicol. Easy to take and works really well - no straining just normal movements. After taking that a few times in the initial weeks it has all settled down and I only need to use it if I don't have enough water. Another thing that I find keeps me going properly is half a wheetabix. I am usually fine once I have had that.

Hope you manage to get it all sorted out soon as it does make you miserable. I too suspect that you might have an intolerance to milk so it is well worth getting it checked out. Soya milk isn't too bad once you get used to it :)

Hiya have got branflakes in today, thanks for all the advice it helps so much, have not had milk today and still ill, but will see how get on x

bex just hang on a mo. am i right in thinking you have IBS could it not just be a flare up of that after your tragic news and in those circumstances pre WLS what would you be doing for a flare up.?

Yeah could be, I was not too bad with it before op hun x

Hi hun have been very down this week, do feel abit better today which good but bit worried about eating now, am going to do I diary and write what I eat! Xxx

Hope today continues to improve , take care xx

Thanks, rang my team and they said bloatedness is common, and not to take ducolax to try peppermint water or movicol if feel the need again, said will settle in time just must be abit sensitive, am going on soft food tomorrow so more fruit and veg, thanks for help guys x

Thanks, rang my team and they said bloatedness is common, and not to take ducolax to try peppermint water or movicol if feel the need again, said will settle in time just must be abit sensitive, am going on soft food tomorrow so more fruit and veg, thanks for help guys x

Bexs hun peppermint is very good for IBS too as it puts a protective layer round your stomach so food or other things can't irritate it . I use it all the time.

I keep a food diary then I can work out what am triggers are. I write everything down including how I am feeling. Then that way I can work out what food to avoid if say am stressed or upset ie. it may really help xx

Thanks, feeling bit better still bloated but not taken anything, managed to eat abit today and just been shopping and treated myself to a new plunge bra, I have boobs again lol x

Bex I don't no how regular u were befor but doctors say everyone's toilet habits differ personally it's perfectly normal for me to go 3 days with out having a movement ( lol silly word )

Thanks Jonny no more laxatives for me x

Back