• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

REALLY FED UP!! Ladies xxxxxx

These coils take some settling down sometimes Dawn... mine took a while, it's just worse when everything is happening together....isn't it Angel....

(Was only thinking about you today Dawn!
Will write to you soon and sending loads of love as always....)

Hoping for a brighter day for you tomorrow Em., but book in and have a chat with your doc... after a good rest tonight you may feel the benefit...

Loads of hugs and love on their way to you xxx

I will always be honest and I have to say it took a while to settle. I had a lot of spotting but the mood swings etc settled after the first month and I felt a lot better. I did have very heavy periods (change of clothes they were that bad and without any warning) so the spotting was nothing in comparison. Since then I have very little trouble with periods and dont even notice mood swings etc so its all good
Hope things settle for you and you have a good time with it. I know some people just dont get on with it at all
Jo XX

thanks jo,

I know its all about giving it time,my other half told me..
its short term pain for long term gain!!..lol he made me laugh

I've had my coil for years and yes it does take a bit of settling in time but its made a world of difference to me, i'm going to get another one fitted when this one is due out as i've hardly had a totm since i had it put in. As you yourself said hun the diet is about shrinking your liver not losing lots of weight. Don't beat yourself up hun you are doing well and i just wanted to send you a big hug xx

The pre op is all about liver shrinking so that your surgery is safer, you will know it is working because as a good friend of mine sometimes says...........''you'll be pissing like a racehorse''........

Instead of beating yourself up about only losing 6lb (which is fabulous) instead give yourself a fabulous talking to for doing 4 weeks on a diet i managed for a week before i wanted to eat my OH! You are doing marvellous and you will lose the weight... Mine is slow coming off and i've moaned numerous times about stalls and even (god forgive ) a lb gain today! But i know we will lose our excess lbs... Ten stone seems like a lot but how many people on this site have lost that and some double that?

Keep the faith hun, you will go to the Ball xx

hi julie,

I know I should be happy with losing a little weight,I really just want to make sure my liver has gone down,I suppose everyone on pre op is in the same boat.
I was weeing lots at the start of diet,but now its stopped.

Im should go to bed and stop thinking so much..lol

take-care
xxx

heya hun maybe try swapping from the low carb diet to the milk one?? your body might have just got used to the diet your on now hence the weight loss being slower. maybe a bit of a change mite do ya good.
i can stick to a diet religously but as soon as i come on i gain or stay the same but then the week after ive gone off again i have a big loss so maybe thats just your problem... your stomach is swelled at the moment because of the totm. 6lbs is still amazing tho you should be proud of that! once the weight starts seriously cuming off after your bypass youll be buzzing im sure... youl look back on this time and think my god how far have i come since then.
hope you start to feel better soon hun and wish you lots of healthy weight loss to come in the future! good luck with your op xoxoxoxox

Sweety, I only lost an absolute total of 4 pounds on my pre-op diet, and that was the milk diet! I was told I could expect to lose between 8 -18 pounds..and I stuck to it rigidly!
I too got very worried, thinking, "well If I can't lose on the milk diet, will the bypass work?"

answer: YES!!!!!!!!! :D I've lost 1 stone 1 pound in 2 weeks post bypass, it's working like a dream, and it's not hard work, because I have no appetite. I also have 10 stones+ to lose. But now it's 9+!!!!!!!!

So please take heart. And maybe try to stop weighing yourself too.

Sorry I can't offer advice on the coil, but if it's not working for you, there must be other alternatives they can offer?

Hi Emma-Louise, I hope you feel better after a good nights sleep. Try holding a hot water bottle to the pain in your leg and stomach. I found taking evening primrose oil halped with my mood swings (although I know you won't be able to take them for a while after surgery.

I'm like Keeley and can easily put on half a stone during my cycle. A lot of it is usually due to water retention, so you might see a good loss after your period. 6LB's is really good.

Rebirth xx

How is today shaping up for you Em.,

Here if you need me, I am still off work so around if I can be of any help.

Loads of love and hugs for a better day xxx

thats how i feel when i diet, hence needing a sleeve hehe

But i do hope you feel better- not long to go now and then youll be starting a new chapter in your life!! :)

hello everyone,

I feel much better today! thanks for all your lovely messages,I think I am going to stop weighing myself!
as for the coil,I think Im just going to have to put up with it and give it time to settle,but no doubt Ill be messaging you all soon again nearer to my op!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Keep in touch Emma and get some pain control until the coil gets settled in... good luck in every respect and keep moving forwards... forget the scales now... you are well on your way to life changing surgery.... love and best wishes, Bev xxx

Hi, sorry to here about your disappointing weight loss emma, but I do agree with the other posts that its about shrinking the liver so chin up and keep at it love. I was wondering if you could tell me what the pre op diet consists off please. Im having my pre op in 2 weeks time. I know that I will have to go on the milk and yogurt diet 10 days before the op. Is that the pre op diet that your on now im not sure. Anyway good luck and when is your op date x

hi sugga,

my pre op consists of nothing...lol only kidding,

1 toast/3 spoons of rice krispies
dinner..
2 oz meat/fish
1 sml potato or 2 spoons of pasta/rice
and for tea..
same really as dinner,but you can add some salad or veg

and 1 third of semi milk per day.
and thats all..

when you having your op?

Hope as the days progress you are feeling better Emma and more like yourself...

Take good care and thinking of you love xxx

hi bev,

yesterday I was ok,and today I feel like Im fighting a loosing battle!!
Ive been crying all morning,and I know its this damn alien coil thing!!!
I am annoyed the doctors never told me of the affects it was going to have on me.
And with my operation in over a week I need to be level-headed.
Ive bled heavy and there no let up,Im really fed up..
But...Im no baby so will perserve with it xxx

hope your well xx

Back