• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH surgery waiting list now at least 6 months from endoscopy

jenny17

Just rang Mr Small's secretary at SRH (much more helpful that Mr Schroeder's) who checked and confirmed that I was listed for bypass on the 8th December and that I am looking at a surgery date of the beginning to middle of June!!! I was expecting to hear something imminently :(

I came on this morning desperately hoping to see a thread from one of the Nov/Dec sunderland people saying they'd got the call this morning - this isn't what I had in mind.

I really thought we'd all be done by end May at the latest and I'm away the first weekend in July so I might even have to postpone the op until after that if I don't get a date soon - gutted! X

Same here :( I asked how much notice you normally get and she said 4 weeks and 11 days for a cancellation. So you should get enough notice to have your weekend away, even if you have to be on the pre-op diet.

Thanks hun - I hope so as I'd hate to have to turn down a date x

Oh girls i'm so sorry to hear that, you must be fed up i know i was when i was waiting and waiting putting off holidays and other plans just in case a date came up, its a terrible time which leaves you in limbo just watching and waiting, i hated it and feel for you all thats waiting. I have a check up in May will give them a kick up the ass from you all hows that????? xxhope its real soon ladies xx

Sounds gr8 - give them hell hun! Thanks x

I rang sunderland today and was told that people who went on the waiting list upto 23 Nov have now been given dates for their op. I think that means I'm 4-5 weeks away from the call with op mid June - prob the week of my daughter's birthday which would be a logistics nightmare!

Jenny - hopefully you'll get the call in a couple of weeks x

That should mean that race has her op next week but I've not seen any posts?!? Are you around hun x

Hope you get your calls soon girls holiday times coming again thats when you most likely to get cancellations fingers xxx good luck xx

Goodness I hope so! I'm praying every day for a cancellation - I have so much stuff on in June and July then it's the summer hols so I desperately need a date ASAP but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen....

Thanks hun xxx

I know what you mean. It is our 20th Wedding anniversary on June 6th and can see me being in hospital on that date :( Having said that, this op will change my life so will not be turning ANY date down!

Hopefully you'll get the week before and can at least be home for your anniversary?!?

I can't imagine I'd actually turn a date down but I'm not telling my in-laws about my op and can't think how I'd explain being away on my daughter's 4th birthday? Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that... X

Here's hoping that things start moving a bit more quickly for everyone now that it is the start of a new financial year and the money pot is full again :)

Amen to that x

i got about 3 weeks notice given to me i got the phone call on the 17th of april and my op is the 11th may x

i got about 3 weeks notice given to me i got the phone call on the 17th of april and my op is the 11th may x

Bizarrely, I got a phone call on the 2nd of May to start the pre-op diet immediately as I could have the op on the 10th May.

I would advise everyone waiting for a date to ensure that the hospital has your contact details in case a cancellation comes up. SRH said they didn't have mine untill I made the phone call mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

Hi, can I ask when you went on the waiting list? I'm hoping to get the call any day now - its all I can think about.

You and Jenny will be in at the same time x

When was your endoscopy? Mine was December 22nd X

Back