• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards chichester

Samy1986

I am hoping to have a bypass at st Richards am in for my assesment Friday and would love to hear how everyone who has opted for st Richards are getting on pre or post op :) x

Hi

I had my bypass at St Richards at the end of last February, they are a fantastic team there so you know you will be in good hands.

I reached my goal weight after about 7 months but I was one of the lighter patients to have a bypass at only 21 stones but I had an awful lot wrong with me which help.

Sleep Apnoea, COPD, High Blood pressure Type 2 Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Arthritis etc and most of those have now gone so it was the best decision I have ever made and don't regret it for one minute.

All the best for you MDT day, you will be fine.

Paul

Hello *waves* from a fellow Faversham person!

My journal is in the Bronze Diaries section - its (obviously!) my journey at St Richards.

I reckon, if you cut me in half, anywhere on my body, I would look like a stick of rock saying 'I love St Richards' running through me! :D

Needless to say, my personal experiences there were faultless. They are fantastic people, all the staff make you feel at ease. Its a clean hospital too!

Wow 7 months that's really good well done I weigh 21 stone nut I'm only 5 ft luckily and I don't know how but other then being fat I'm fit and well as the doctors called it after admitting to my crisp addiction lol guy somers offered me a bypass so coming away a very happy person the wait is 4 months ATM as they are a surgeon down but considering the time London hospitals are working at its like lightning:)

Coming from someone so close to home is reassuring :) I will have a look for it and I must admit when I walked in and saw all the skinny doctors I was thinking omg but after meeting all the team I came out not feeling that we were any different really put me t ease :)

Hey Samy 1986! I am also in for my assessment at st Richards on Friday! My time is 10:45!

I'm very nervous! Hoping for a band but open to discussion on this.

Would be good to try and meet if our paths cross!

X

Oops... Just realised you went yesterday and not this coming Friday!!
:-(

How did you get on?

I'm from Dartford do not that far..

Did they give you current waiting times?

X

I was really nervous to its a long day but your nerves over come that lol I went in wanting a bypass and that is what I got a few people went in wanting a band but what I could make out they left wanting a bypass I think that that is what works best so after talking to the team and hearing how amazing the surgry is everyone wants a bypass we were told waiting time ATM is 4 months as they are a surgeon down but 4 months beats most other waiting list by around a year so because your only a week behind me I should imagine you will be in by the end if march too x

They are brilliant there, I had mine done by Chris Pring end November, can't fault them in any way. I'm from Kent too and choose St Richards as it has very good reputation and the waiting times were shorter than London too. I've been watching fat surgeons on really as it has been Shaw Somers and Chris Pring, Guy was in one of the episodes last week too, good series think its just finished though, interesting to watch them actually doing the surgery :)
Good luck on your journey :) x

Back