• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Staffordshire oatcake

teen

post op loser
Have anyone from Staffordshire any idea if there is a sugar content if any in our yummy oatcake. I know they are packed with fibre and not if any fat. I love them with cheese. Bought 6 today but there is no values on the pack

thanx

They ain't sweet are they Teen?

That depend what you fill them with Red I likes them with bacon and cheese but some do put jam on them yuck lol. they are a bit like a pancake but made with oats but they aint sweet if you eat it with out anything so Im thinking there aint any sugar at all

Poveys oatcakes will see if they have a website. They make a change from porridge and toast

His recipe is a closely guarded secret, but he will tell you that the oatcakes contain no artificial additives, fine oatmeal, plain flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, yeast and water

His recipe is a closely guarded secret, but he will tell you that the oatcakes contain no artificial additives, fine oatmeal, plain flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, yeast

They sound great Teen.

wish I could have one they sound yum

Ye they are a Stoke thing

roll on breakfast gonna grate some low fat cheese on them

Have anyone from Staffordshire any idea if there is a sugar content if any in our yummy oatcake. I know they are packed with fibre and not if any fat. I love them with cheese. Bought 6 today but there is no values on the pack

thanx
My son has his own oatcake bakery in Stoke.
The only sugar in his secret mix is just 2 teaspoons to activate the yeast, that's in 45 liters of batter!! Oatcakes are a brilliant source of slow release energy, high in fiber and low on the GI index.
Hope that answers your question.
Cheers
Kev :sign0144:

Thanx Kev thats great to no. Which oatcake place does you son own
Hi,
Its in Stoke itself, London Road- on the way from Stoke Sainsbury's to Trent Vale.
I'm trying to get him to promote the health benefits of the humble oatcake but he's too busy baking, one day the world will recognize the oatcake as a good alternative to bread, not just stuffed with cheese,bacon and sausage.:4635:
cheers
Kev

kev get him to send some to me here in bolton. can you freeze them?
Hi,
He's too busy just baking to even eat, he could do with a right hand man (or woman lol)
Seriously though if you do manage to get your hands on proper oatcakes, not the mass produced washleather things out of the supermarkets, they should freeze for about 3 months.
cheers
Kev

Back