• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stage 2 - MUSH!

Wobbly71

Hi everyone

I have moved onto stage 2 today.

Had scrambled egg for brekkie, only eat a bit of it.

For dinner I went for a fresh soup nice and thick. Bought a butternut squash one and was gutted as it was watery, would of been ok on liquid stage :cry:
Never mind had a cup of that for dinner.

Going shopping after work and am just checking with all the experts I am aiming for the right thing. Advice from THG is anything that can be mashed with the back of a fork. Do we have to mash it up to eat it or just chew it well?

Think the hardest thing is going to be not drinking with the food or for an hour after :confused:

Anyway my shopping list looks like this : -

Sweet potato and carrot and turnip to mash
Fish and white sauce
turkey mince to make with gravy
thicker fresh soups
yogurts
cottage cheese
mushy peas

Can I have mousse (eg low fat chocolate if I get the urge)??

Tinned beans and sausages?

Tinned tuna with mayonnaise?

Thanks in advance, want to get this right x x

top_kat

I've been mashing mine just in case but am not with THG so . . .

But, I would get plain tuna and mix with a bit of plain yoghurt/quark as mayo is high in fat even in lo cal version. Quark (low fat soft cheese also nice to mash in with potato or veg to make it softer)

If you can mush baked beans they should be ok, I found mashing a sausage wasn't a particularly good move (although i could eat one now if I wanted to as I have no restriction in my band).

Mousse would be ok for a sweet, also, stewed fruit is a good thing along with low fat custard.

Also think of cereals ~ ready brek or weetabix.

Chicken/quorn/turkey mince which can be minced. You can also have mashed soft pasta, mashed/pureed vegetables (Im avoiding many carbs as they dont do me any good)

I bought some good for you low fat meals in sainsburys on wednesday (3 for £5) and got shepherds pie, cottage pie, chicken pie.

Also had fish in sauce, but also plain poached salmon and cod . . .plain tuna

Other things
fish pie, tuna, (any fish that flakes), any veg that mashes, any fruit to stew.

truffle♥

I have been having:
Oats so simple for breakfast
scrambled egg and beans and cheese for lunch
Lots of mashed potato and root veggies, fish pies, corned beef, tuna mayo.
I have also been having mousses and yogurts and stuff.
At the moment the weight seems to be coming off quite nicely so im happy:)

Wobbly71

Thanks for this, had an idea just like to check.

Been shopping gonna mmake some fish and cottage pies. Got tuurkey mince and using mashed carrot and turnip and sweet potato for the topping x

top_kat

sounds great :)

I've got flaked poached salmon and ratatouille for dinner tonight LOL

lorr72

Had my band 11 days ago so am still on the liquid diet :( hate it soup and smoothies :( just sick of them, so can't wait to start the mushy diet.

top_kat

Had my band 11 days ago so am still on the liquid diet :( hate it soup and smoothies :( just sick of them, so can't wait to start the mushy diet.

not much longer to wait :) I was talking to my provider today when they did another phone check with me and I said that I struggled with soups, didn't have shakes, but also don't fancy "food" as mash. I was looking forward to getting onto food on the mushy diet, but hmmm it isn't as I thought it would be lol

mummykcb

I can start mush stage next monday and the thing i'm looking forward to most is corned beef hash, cottage pie, jacket potato insides with baked beans and brown sauce. mmmmm.

top_kat

lots of carbs then for you mummykcb . . .I daren't get back onto them so they are really bottom of my list when I hit mush and indeed when I hit "normal" food last friday. just desperately awaiting my first fill to get some restriction on this band!

mummykcb

I'll have more of the protein side of those dishes but carbs have always helped me to loose weight apart from bread that i've always avoided when loosing weight as my body doesnt do well with yeast. Love my hubbys cottage pie cos he makes it with turkey mince. And having more options due to being milk intolerant will help too.