• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am I moving on too quick?

Jamast

I've stuck to the stages of eating, through liquids, thin puree, thicker puree then mash. I've just realised that without realising it, I have moved onto tiny cut up food (as opposed to mashed with a fork), except for meats which I tend to shred with a fork before eating. Having looked at my guidelines, this stage is a week earlier than I should have done. I am not having any problems, I fact, for the first time since the op I can tell every time when I have had enough to eat.

Will this be a problem?
should I go back to mash?
Will it be okay to carry on?

it shouldnt be too much to worry about i was supposed to do normal foods from week 5 but did it from week 4 only did 1 week liquids not 2 as we had a choice between 1 or 2 with 2 being the recommended as long as you feel fine and its not causing any ill effect or maybe do mash 1 day normal another just see how you go but if really worried ring your provider

If you are tolerating it well, then I can't see it as a problem. The most important stage in terms of healing is puree, softs is more of a rehabilitation phase. Everyone heals differently, and everyones tolerance us different. I can tell you, I was the same as you, and was able to move on quicker with guidance from my provider. So as always, if in any doubt whatsoever, give your team a call.

Back