• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stalling & stuggling

Mandie

Hi all :rolleyes:
it's been a while , i kinda lost my way a bit , but really need some advice and i know just where to get it , you'v always helped me in the past
It 's been nearly 1 yr since my band it's gone so fast , but the last few months i'v not lost much if anything , i'v had 3 fills to date and i feel that compared to what i eat the weight loss has been very slow of late , any ideas , i had real hopes but i fear there fading fast . I struggle to eat anything in the morning , so my last fill was 0.25ml which made no difference at all , i have a 1yr check due next month but i would like to get back on track asap.:17729:

if you have no restriction tell them also when you go for your review request to see a bariatric dietician and review your food choices as simple things can make a big difference, also learning to use restriction correctly is a very hard thing to do as sometimes normal food can get stuck and cause discomfort so a easy option is to go back to soft foods which is the wrong thing to do as that stops weight loss, im not saying thats whats happening here with you but its a common mistake for banders to make, express your concerns on your up coming review your team are there to help you, if you dont tell them they there not to know whats happening with your band, good luck x

thanks Liz
when i had my last fill they said that it didn't look to loose but i'v not lost any weight for about 3months , so somethings not quite right , i tend to eat maybe 1/2 a piece of brown toast for b'fast if anything,
lunch might be 1/2 brown sandwich tuna or ham ,
tea meat and veg , small side plate,
coffee, and water or juice all day .
I 'll keep a record from today onwards to take to the review it might help them identify what i'm doing wrong .

Hi Mandie

Just a suggestion but try ditching the bread. I was told prior to my op that bread can be really difficult to eat post op so gave it up, that and rice and pasta which can also cause problems.

I cant get much in at breakfast to tend to have fruit or a yoghurt later on or if I'm on the road a ready made slim fast.

For lunch try adding a salad instead of the bread.

Good luck! but as Liz said your provider is probably the best person to discuss this with x

thanks Liz
when i had my last fill they said that it didn't look to loose but i'v not lost any weight for about 3months , so somethings not quite right , i tend to eat maybe 1/2 a piece of brown toast for b'fast if anything,
lunch might be 1/2 brown sandwich tuna or ham ,
tea meat and veg , small side plate,
coffee, and water or juice all day .
I 'll keep a record from today onwards to take to the review it might help them identify what i'm doing wrong .

Hello there....Hope u dont mind me adding my ten pence worth in here...;) as well and from what you have said about what foods you ate, apart from the dinner, the breakfast and lunch doesnt seem too be alot ( speaking as a bander) it seems some what next too nothing, and please bear in mind that sometimes under eating can result in no weight loss either, I cannot tolerate bread anymore, maybe the reason your not eating much for lunch and brekkie is because your finding it hard to digest the bread and thats why your eating so little( thinking out loud here btw) why not try an alternative like porridge or fruit for brekkie, and jacket spud with a low fat topping for lunch too try and keep you fuller for long( soz not trying too teach granny to suck eggs here), also how are you doing on the exercise front???and what capacity is your band and what is it filled too, perhaps as Liz suggested you may need too speak too bariatric dietician or have a "tweak" in your fills......... I didnt lose no weight for 3 months either but that was due too having hardly any restriction but now thats been sorted I have lose 2 stone in last 3 months.................HTH Julie xx

I was going to say the same as BD.

To me it sounds like you might be eating too little and maybe too many carbs.

Try her suggestions the suggestions, it might help, and as a guide you should aim for 1200 calories bare minimum :)

thanks guys
i find it very hard to tolorate anything wheaty , porridge or other cereals , i try to have a jacket spud or chicken or 1/2 sandwich for lunch or tea brown bread does keep me full, but i worry there is not much goodness in it , i might have a biscuit occasionally but do mean 1 as i can't take more than 1 , i feel i have restriction and i am now upto 11.25ml in a 14ml band , so i don't think there is room for much more , plus the amount i can eat is very small, as for excersise i walk everyday for 1 hour ( 2x 30min) which at the moment is all i can fit in , i walk quite a bit at work as well , i'v lost about 3-4 stone in the 11mths , but most of it was early on , it's stopped over the last few months although my eating hasn't changed. I know that it slows but expected some loss to continue.

Back