• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stalls!

Big an Bouncy

Come on guys,Im not majorly worried but I havent lost for a few weeks and wondered if anyone had any tips to kick start the losses again!Maz x

Sorry to hear that you've stalled Maz, I know how demotivating that can be.

Perhaps post what you are eating/drinking in a typical day to give us an idea, and are you able to do any exercise at all hun?

My diet is different every day but carbs have crept in more.I was having dizzy spells and the carbs have stopped that.Im talking two small slices of wholemeal every other day.I dont think Im eating enough though an average day is 1 weetabix and semi milk,tin of mackerel for lunch and a piece of fruit.Whatever hubbys having just a small portion for tea.ie mince mash and veg and occasionally a small yoghurt.I did go to gym three times a week but had to stop cos it aggrivated my hip problem so just walk as much as possiable now.Maz x

Big an Bouncy said:
My diet is different every day but carbs have crept in more.I was having dizzy spells and the carbs have stopped that.Im talking two small slices of wholemeal every other day.I dont think Im eating enough though an average day is 1 weetabix and semi milk,tin of mackerel for lunch and a piece of fruit.Whatever hubbys having just a small portion for tea.ie mince mash and veg and occasionally a small yoghurt.I did go to gym three times a week but had to stop cos it aggrivated my hip problem so just walk as much as possiable now.Maz x

Hay I know where you are coming from some days I hardly eat anything and others I could eat all day without the pain and throwing up I find meat hard to get down but if I put a bit of gravy over it it will go down a treat still can't eat fruit or bread and no way I can eat pasta sometimes I wish I could even a little bit but I've tried and it wasn't worth it ha

Big an Bouncy said:
Come on guys,Im not majorly worried but I havent lost for a few weeks and wondered if anyone had any tips to kick start the losses again!Maz x

Get yourself a large ice cream or chocolate loads of calories I find that gives your body that extra kick well it works for me anyway and it's also yummy ha

God woman dont encourage me!I would be too scared in case I dumped big style!I havnt had chocolate or icecream in over 6 months,tell a lie,I had two bourbon biscuits!Not had pasta. rice or alcohol either.I was thinking more meat,fish and salads!Maz x

I know the feeling Maz, I've been in limbo for about four months now. I rang the dietician and she reckons that I am not eating enough but as you know you can only eat what you can. Dietician gave me a diet to follow which I can email if you like. I'm positive it will kick off again and I do feel that I have lost inches. Hope it soon changes for you as well.

I've stalled for two weeks now and I know the reason why. Bacon Frazzle Crisps! They go down so easily :(

Drink loads of water between your meals Maz, not just before or just after as you know, but make sure you drink loads and try adding some fresh fruit to your diet if you can. I was having a bit of a stall, as I posted last week, but I ate a bag of grapes over two days and the weight started coming off again and I lost 3lbs in two days.
Cut out any NAS you hare having as they could be making you stall a bit. I know they have a bit of a stalling effect on me.
Lynne x

I think I was probably eating more than you at your stage Maz, perhaps try the food focus website to work out how many cals you should be having to lose at your stage, it also tracks the nutritional values of what you are eating. You may find you can "afford" to add a couple of high protein snacks to your day.

You're not eating enough protein and too much carbs. Add to that your enforced lack of real exercise and it's no surprise you're not losing

You need to use a food logging website, there are lots around just search for one you like through google. You need to be eating at least 80 to 100 g of protein per day and you're not getting near that with a bit of mince fish and milk for your cereals. Too few calories means your body will go into starvation mode and try to hold onto what it has, hence weight loss stops.

I would split your overall daily intake into five or six smaller meals as this speeds up your metabolism, eat protein first every meal and restrict carbs to twice a day. You are feeling dizzy because your blood sugar is dropping too low between meals, I would guess any food would make you feel better not just the carbs. Carbs actually increase the sugar spikes that make us feel hungry.

As for exercise have you tried riding a bike or swimming etc, all far better calorie burners than walking which is a very poor exercise type compared with the others. My knees were so bad I could hardly walk, but the exercise bike actually improved them a great deal as long as I didn't set the tension too high.

Good luck and use the food logging sites and be honest with what you record. More often than not in the first year a stall is caused by failure to eat enough protein. Keep your fluid levels up but remember the 30/30 rule as this is vital, and keep us informed.

I think I was probably eating more than you at your stage Maz, perhaps try the food focus website to work out how many cals you should be having to lose at your stage, it also tracks the nutritional values of what you are eating. You may find you can "afford" to add a couple of high protein snacks to your day.
hope you feeling better since your tummy tuck xx

yes i found i was on hol last week and ate more carbs than usual and got stuck now im back to protien and have lost 2 1/2 lbs since sunday, karlos can you tell me is it ok to drink half hour after food also i was always told i had to wait an hour and it has been a killer xxxx

You're not eating enough protein and too much carbs. Add to that your enforced lack of real exercise and it's no surprise you're not losing

You need to use a food logging website, there are lots around just search for one you like through google. You need to be eating at least 80 to 100 g of protein per day and you're not getting near that with a bit of mince fish and milk for your cereals. Too few calories means your body will go into starvation mode and try to hold onto what it has, hence weight loss stops.

I would split your overall daily intake into five or six smaller meals as this speeds up your metabolism, eat protein first every meal and restrict carbs to twice a day. You are feeling dizzy because your blood sugar is dropping too low between meals, I would guess any food would make you feel better not just the carbs. Carbs actually increase the sugar spikes that make us feel hungry.

As for exercise have you tried riding a bike or swimming etc, all far better calorie burners than walking which is a very poor exercise type compared with the others. My knees were so bad I could hardly walk, but the exercise bike actually improved them a great deal as long as I didn't set the tension too high.

Good luck and use the food logging sites and be honest with what you record. More often than not in the first year a stall is caused by failure to eat enough protein. Keep your fluid levels up but remember the 30/30 rule as this is vital, and keep us informed.
yes i found i was on hol last week and ate more carbs than usual and got stuck now im back to protien and have lost 2 1/2 lbs since sunday, karlos can you tell me is it ok to drink half hour after food also i was always told i had to wait an hour and it has been a killer xxxx

Most NUTs will say thirty minutes is fine. To be honest your pouch will probably be empty before then anyway so half an hour is fine.

I know you'll think I'm thick but my mind isn't functioning well at present. What is the 30/30 rule please Karlos? Is it no drinking 30 mins prior to and after food?

Yeah honey that's it

I think you are right Karl,Im not eating enough protein.I think I have a mental block and still give myself tiny portions so Im going into low blood sugar.I am going to up my portions of meat,fish etc and get more protein snacks in between.That will cut back the need for carbs.
I have an exercise cycle and will use it more often on an easier resistance,you go into'if it hurts its doing me good'and its not!Cheers my friend,I hope life is treating you as well as it can.Have you started the medication yet?Love Maz x

Back