• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not losing weight!

Porpo

Hi,

I had my bypass on the 10th October and lost 18lbs in the week after the op. I havent lost anything for 2 weeks now and I know that it can stall etc but shouldnt it be dropping off me in these early weeks? I'm following Mr. Ammori's instructions on eating and drinking and I just wondered if anyone else had this and how long will it take before it starts again???

Im feeling a bit disappointed that Im hardly having anything and nothing is happening.

Xxxx

this is quite common. Your body is adjusting. Carry on doing everything exactly as you are instructed and your weight loss WILL return. Your body has been through alot and just needs to sort itself out.

Hi Porpo, haven't had my op yet but I have read so many posts just like yours, it seems to be the norm to stall for what must seem like forever, then lose a lot in a short space of time.

It must be frustrating but try not to worry, things will soon be on the move again. :)

Cuppa xx

Hi hun could it be a stall although early as ur body just needs time to adjust to ur bypass, am sure some experienced wls peeps will be along soon to offer u some advice.
Maybe u could post ur daily menu`s just in case ur foods can be tweaked a little, take care luv Roch xx

My weight loss fluctuates a lot, some weeks I have lost 3lb some weeks nothing. I remember posting a virtually identical thread to this one when I was in your shoes, people told me to be patient. It's frustrating, but nothing to worry about, it will get better xx

snap!!!! me to!!!

I had a 3 week stall. I was also very concerned but it all started up again. I think I wasn't eating or drinking enough at the time. Others say it is your body ajusting. be sure of one thing .... you are not alone with this problem as it is a common one.

Here is my advice hun, for what it is worth.

1. Take a deep breath, pat yourself on the back for your losses already, way to go!
2. Relax, stalls are common for loads of reasons, mainly YOU JUST HAD MAJOR SURGERY!
3. Many people have reported a large loss and then a stall, then a large loss and another stall, it becomes their cycle but remember the weight STILL comes off just in a different pattern to what you were expecting.
4. Make sure to drink as many fluids as you can manage, this will help weight loss and reduce fatigue.
5. Make sure your diet is high in protein, lots of milk, yougurt, cheese etc., it is needed for healing and helps you burn fat. Add a protein suppliment if you feel like you don't get 80+grams per day with regular food.

And this is the really important bit
6. Don't compare to others, every person is different and the journey will take different paths but we all get to the same place in the end, healthy weight/BMI so don't worry so much, just be mindful of building good, healthy habits along the way.

Hugs,
Nic:p

Thanks everyone it's good to know that its not just me that has had this problem. I think I might try and put the scales away, weighing myself 5 times a day isnt helping either.

Nic - I've just gone on to 'soft' food so I am trying to up the protein I know I havent been having enough and I think I need to drink more too. Thanks for your tips.

I was exactly the sme as you. I lost a lot of weight at the start and then the loss really slowed down, no loss for 3 weeks which made me really fed up!
I am now losing slowly around 1 to 2lb a week which compared to a lot of people is slow but I now realise how bad it is to compare to others, everyone is different.
Even 1lb a week is nearly 4 stone in a year, something I would not have dreamt of before surgery, stick with it, the weight will come off.

Pauline, I have used up my rep for today or else I would rep you, your advice was brilliant and right on the money. I know it is hard not to compare, I did at first and did torture myself a bit when others who had surgery after me were losing quicker but it all shakes out in the end, I promise.

Warm hugs of encouragement to you ladies, you will smash your goals I am sure!

Nic:)

LMAO porpo 5 times a day weigh in LOL But I still weigh myself once daily so dont shout at me Nic & caz Ha Ha my weight loss is beginning to get me down at the mo. Plus I might go to my Gp tomoz cause still no sign of my monthlys. The hormone bit could have something to do with the weight loss bit perhaps??? I could kill someone at present and think nothing of it LOL Hubbys barred me from going in the shop incase I murder a customer Ha Ha :eek:

Don't forget the docs Gail:D;)

Hiya Porpo, Has any come off yet?? mine as always is the same lol Ive started the gym this am ime back for my induction tomoz @ 10.00am with my Instructor so I will see what happens at the end of the week Gail.x

Hi Gail,

You're not going to believe this, today I GAINED 1lb.........

I've even checked its not our scales as this cannot be possible. Have emailed Kath about it as I'm having major problems with the Forceval, I've got really bad stomach ache today and every time I take the forceval I feel sick for hours.

I'm trying not to stress about the weight and have resigned myself to wait till Monday as surely something must happen by then.

Let us know how you get on at the gym :)

xx

Hi Porpo

I'm a couple of days behind you and have done exactly the same as you. Lost 11 lbs post-op and now put 1 on this last week. I'm trying not to fret too much as I know I'm not eating anything I shouldn't and trying not to jump on the scales every day. I was told that as my surgery was revision to bypass the weight loss wouldn't be guaranteed but I had hoped for something a bit better than this so early on the journey. Just hoping things start moving again - race you:rolleyes:

Hi Porpo

I'm a couple of days behind you and have done exactly the same as you. Lost 11 lbs post-op and now put 1 on this last week. I'm trying not to fret too much as I know I'm not eating anything I shouldn't and trying not to jump on the scales every day. I was told that as my surgery was revision to bypass the weight loss wouldn't be guaranteed but I had hoped for something a bit better than this so early on the journey. Just hoping things start moving again - race you:rolleyes:

LOL - you're on! :D

Back