• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting to stress!

Ali_RFD

I had a gastric sleeve operation 5/6 weeks ago. The weight was dropping off to begin with, but I haven't lost a pound in the past 11 days! I'm normally eating 500/600 calories a day, drinking at least 1.2lt of water a day and taking my vitamins. I'm also trying to walk more and do more when I can.

Is this normal? I'm starting to stress about it and get really worried! X

Yes its normal! Its such early days your body has finally caught up with itself and is wondering what the heck happened!
Everyone loses at different rates so please dont compare with others it will drive you round the bent just enjoy the fact your starting a whole new life and gaining the weight was easy but to lose it is a diffrent matter but lose it you will , just keep on doing what your doing and you will do just fine

Last edited:
I lost weight the 1st week then stalled for 2 weeks now it's coming off again at over a 1lb a day so don't worry it will come off again

An early stall is very common, it was the reason I did my first weigh in 4 weeks after my op, to avoid the stress. It will come. One thing 1.2 litres isn't enough, try and up your fluids.

Thanks guys! I'm struggling with fluids, if I do anything at all I get distracted then realise hours later I've had nothing to drink! Today I'm almost finished 1.8lt!! I'm peeing constantly though ;) lol

I'm just freaking out, I was down to 114.2, overnight I put on 800g, an I haven't lost anything at all for 12 days, today I weighed myself an I put on weight again! I'm now 115.5, I just don't know what to do! It is stressing me out now, going to see the surgeon tomorrow so I'll speak to him and see what he thinks. X

Back