• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Staying the same weight

Priesty

Hi,

I am a little confused about what I should do:sigh:. I wasn't told to lose weight or even stay the same as I am now:eek:. However I see that on the programme and have read other members on here say about losing weight/staying the same etc.:confused:

So what do I do. I have seen Guy Slater and had to ring back the next day to confirm that I wanted surgery. It was then that they said they would put me on the list depending on what other tests needed doing.

I have to go for the Phsycology Consult, but many of you have said this is just standard.

So should I try and maintain my weight or wait until i have seen or spoken to the surgeons again.

I struggle to lose/maintain anyway so I suppose I'm panicking.

Take Care all

Paula XX

Hi Paula

The more weight you can manage to lose prior to surgery, the better it is for you and the surgeon - my hospital wont take anyone with a bmi over 61 for surgery. Sorry - dont know if this helped any!

Hi hun - as said previously - the more weight the lose the better for you and the safer the surgery, however I was not told to lose weight, and I ended up putting on before my op and there wasnt a problem, I wish I had lost as I would be closer to my goal - but I wouldnt worry! xx

i put just over a stone on from consultation to pre op so probably not the best person but i was never told to loose any just to try and quit smoking

Hi, I was not told to lose weight apart from the planned pre-op diet they put yu on which is pretty standard. I should not worry too much but obviously any weight you do lose can only be a bonus. Prior to my pre-op I lost 9lb(which I have not included on my weight loss journey for some odd reason)!! But as stated, was not asked to do this. Sorry can not be more help. Good Luck. x

It was a requirement from my PCT and hospital that I had to lose or maintain before starting the pre op diet, but all PCTs and hosps are different so don't worry x:D

Depends on the PCT and hospital plus your initial BMI. At my hospital with BMI's less than 50, then you have to do weight management programme first plus lose weight to prove your commitment to the lifestyle change.

Hi All,

Thanks for youe help, as I wasn't told to lose weight I shall try and not put any one and lose if I can. I think thats the best thing to do.

I am being really good and have stopped my snacking in the evening's, Cutting it down to once a week instead of every night.

Take Care

Paula XX

Hi,

I am a little confused about what I should do:sigh:. I wasn't told to lose weight or even stay the same as I am now:eek:. However I see that on the programme and have read other members on here say about losing weight/staying the same etc.:confused:

So what do I do. I have seen Guy Slater and had to ring back the next day to confirm that I wanted surgery. It was then that they said they would put me on the list depending on what other tests needed doing.

I have to go for the Phsycology Consult, but many of you have said this is just standard.

So should I try and maintain my weight or wait until i have seen or spoken to the surgeons again.

I struggle to lose/maintain anyway so I suppose I'm panicking.

Take Care all

Paula XX

Hi Paula
I was told my the dietician to try and maintain my weight - so not put on but not lose either. Easier said than done! Did the hospital give you an indication of how long it would be before your op? Are you private or NHS? I know they've closed their waiting lists again to clear the backlog so it sounds like you got in just in time. All the best

Back