• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rickysmrs - Post-op Diary

rickysmrs

Well I finally made it to this section yayyy me.

A little about the surgery arrived earlier than expected at the hospital so hubby could get back to get kids ready for school so there at 6am knocking on the door eager. 7.15 am reception opened for admissions was given wrist braclets and told to go to ward L. Which on my own was a task as I walk with two crutches and had my suitcase etc with me hmm wasnt good idea at this point sending hubby home lol. A nice chap going to same place stopped and helped withmy things there are still some gentlemen left out there ladies :).

Was put in a waiting area for pre-pre op check weight blood pressure more swabs taken as I had gone past 16 wk pre-op. 7.45 surgeon cam to see me was a little hesitant to go ahead as I had just suffered with a viral infection which had left me with a tickly cough, she left saying she will speak to the anethatist. So still didnt know if I was having surgery or not so wasnt nervous cause I though I would be going home. Anethatist came by 5 mins later checked my chest infection was not in there so happy to go ahead and was told I was going in first which was then only 15 mins away. Stomach was nowwwwwwww doing summersaults. Anyway nursing staff kept me busy as they were trying to complete the new computor system with my details and couldnt sort it out to my amuzement. A bed arrived for me all my belongings where bagged n tagged so to speakand I was wheeled away. The sugical team where lovely put me at ease straight away andwas soon counting the sheep. Woke up surprisingly not in too much pain but really took me to around 5pm to be fully aware of my surroundings. Surgeon came to see me said she had called a couple of times but I was away with the fairies. She asked if I felt Okay I said yes im surprised im not in more pain then she said we were aware of ur previous surgeries so gave you plenty of pain relief whilst you were under so it will hit you tomorrow "sorry". On the brighter side operation was text book no problems. Basically was told to stay in bed until next day didnt sleep much through the night very busy ward. Next morning I got up to go to the bathroom and Ohh the bus had well and truely hit struggled on my crutches big time but made it there and back in a fashion to then be told I shouldnt be using the crutches as this will cause more muscle pain so was once again at the mercy of the lovely ward staff who where truely amazing very friendly and professional at all times hats of to them. Junior doctors came round in the morning said I could go home later I thought ohh good and ohh no at the same time because i didnt know how I was going to cope with the crutches until the nurse stepped in and said no she needs to stay until tomorrow as she is unable to walk around I wanted to go home so I could rest in my own bed but knew she was right. Afternoon the dietitian paid me avisit explained I would be given iron medicine and calcium to take home with me. I explained I was having major problems heaving with the liquid meds and she said prob best to leave them for a couple of days until my stomach settles. I couldnt take the solouble paracetamol as this too was making me sick and they were concerned I may disturbe the staples in my stomach so they ordered my some kiddies paracetamol lol well I do have a babies tummy now :). Day three was finally allowed to go home but had to wait for medicines from pharmacy which got a bit messed up. Was glad to get home asI suffer from chronic fatgue and by this time I was running on fumes and needed to sleep. Managed to get 3 hours solid in my big comfy bed until my daughter awoke me with a lovely bouquet from "Fairysteps" they are beautiful thank you once again earth angel :). Managed to try an oxo and was pleasantly surprised it was like my taste buds had come back alive. Wasnt hungry during this three day of water clear fluids. Day four as we stand right now woke up about 4.30 am really wanted a milky coffee as I knew I could have one today but couldnt wake hubby up that would of been too cruel lol. Waited until 5am then used my stairlift to venture downstairs for a coffee. Made it in "heat cup" dont know what they are called so I ca sip to my hearts content and i was divine..............role on food time soup cant wait to try. ps also got to make appt for today to sort out the rest of my medicines with docs :(

Sorry if Ive bored you you didnt have to read it :p but thank you if you did I will try for mysake to keep a daily record so I know what ive been up to . xx

Day four after surgery:

Breakfast: Milky Coffee (at 5am couldnt wait any longer)

Last edited:
Well I finally made it to this section yayyy me.

Day four after surgery:

Breakfast: Milky Coffee (at 5am couldnt wait any longer)

Congrats Rickysmrs.

Well done hon.. How are you feeling? Are you home now from op?
Heaps of hugs
Kat
x

Thats great rickysmrs, Really pleased its all gone well. Glad you enjoyed ya coffee lol. I can't wait to try chicken or tomato soup they my fav. anyway hope you heal up quick x

Really pleased it all went well rickysmrs, can't wait to hear more... :) xx

Really glad it went well for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a great new beginning x

Well first day of eating not going so well hubby has had to drive back to hospital as they sent me home without half of my meds so trying to fend for myself is making me sore n grumpy.

Breakfast: Milky coffee

Dinner: 4 teaspoons tomatoe soup

afternoon: Milky coffee
just gonna try a strawberry crusha pot

yuk crusha just tasted like calpol so gone for a cuppa soup instead with added milk.

need to go online n do a food shop get some more flavours in my life :8855:
Ok so rest of my day as bed rest yay right had to go to doctors to sort out my medicines then had to go to chemist where hubby explained all meds cancelled for time being and picked me up a ton of "strawberry flavour" kiddies paracetamol because this is all my stomach will tolerate but it helps so np. Good job I got a wheelchair isnt it doc was like ur not supposed to be here errrm yeah i know but ur receptionist said I had to see u in person even though I explained so he just said Oh lol.

had another milky coffee which take me around an hour to drink about half before they go too cold thank good for thermo cups lol and ive decided to try some ready brek for supper not had this since being a kid so I can only try .

Last edited:
love your thread. its a warts and all explanation of what happens post op. its fab rickymrs. it didn't put me off though. ha ha.

Angela

congrats mrsricky. Hope every day gets a bit easier hon.
x

DAY 5 POST-OP

DO NOT CROSS THIS LINE IF U DONT LIKE TO MUCH INFO
YOUVE BEEN WARNED!!

Well the day from hell has hit with a rather rude wake up call
needed to go to the bathroom "NOW" at 6am and as I dont manage too well first thing in the morning dawn was hell. Had to wake up hubby bless him to help me up out of bed arthuritus in my hips, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia along with my stomach wounds still tender I just couldnt move and certainly not as quick as my stomach was telling me I had too.
Well I made it too the bathroom you'll be plesed to hear to what can only be described as "what goes in must come out" so bearing in mind this area has not functioned since I was on my pre-op it was just fluid and green at that. Being a mother the "green poo" was not too much of a shocker as most mums will know this is what a new born baby produces for several days after birth but thought I would mention it in case some dont and have a panic thinking something is going wrong, its all natrual its basically your body dispeling the interal blood from your wounds and also your in starvation mode and have just starting to introduce liquid foods. Finaly managed to go back to bed for a while but couldnt sleep for fear I may of needed to go again. By time 8am arrived I was shaking and washed out so I asked hubby if he would kindly get me a milky coffee to see if this helped it did. I then slept a further two hours which was nice.

When I got up to gorgous sunshine I thought I would make the most of my resting in the garden today with my lovely hospital stockings on which I have to keep on for 10 days. Did better than the day before and I managed in a fashion to have a wash and get dressed whilst disolving my chewy vits see you can still multi-task that never goes away lol. Was pleased with myself as hubby had to help alot yesterday so proceeded to make my way downstairs on the stair lift. By the time I arrived in the kitchen my energy was depleated so I figured I just need to eat so decided on a low fat yogurt (strawberry still doing my online shop later lol) before I had yogurt I took my iron medicine and had some calpol then I was full grr. Waited 10-15 mins then I was able to have maybe four teaspoons of the yogurt which helped give me alittle energy. With that settled in my stomach (or so I thought) hubby proceeded to come out into the front garden to make sure I was comfy just as I said yes can you guess. You got it I had that urgent feeling again thankfully hubby was still close so got in quicker with his help and another thing I was very grateful for was having a downstairs lav. Just as bad as earlier you dont need any more graphics felt quite shakey n poorly afterwards so hubby sat with me a while in the kitchen while I sipped on some water I dont need dehydration to kick in aswell. Finally did manage to sit in the garden for approx half hour but really felt the need to sleep so hubby arranged the sofa so I could have a rest indoors. Tried a little soup same amount only able approx 4 teaspoons atm. Was closing my eyes to have a rest when oh yes you got it in one...........a third call OMG my poor stomach was taking a beating today. Well that third time just wiped me out as I was running on practally empty I decided I would be more comfy in bed. So hear I am 3 hours sleep (comfortable) writing this wonderful days event. Hmm I do have a milky coffee at my side but a little reluctant to try lol is it any wonder. Well if I have the same reaction I will go back to clear fluids for a day or two and start from scratch. :jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::8855: xx

Sounds like dumping hon. I think there might be too much sugar in that yoghurt.

It was low fat hun but my 1st day of smooth liquids so maybe abit of both but ty for info. xx

OK hun will keep an eye on that then ty xx

Omg poor you, Sounds like you have been busy. Just think of the exercise. Lol am only joking. Big hugs x

Aw mrs. you poor thing. Hope you feel better soon. Does sound like the dumping described.. Erm the green stuff.. |DId not know that.. So I have learnt something thank you as that would and probably still will freak me out a little.
Hope you feel better soon. hugs
Kat
x

DAY 6 POST-OP

Feeling much much better today problem I have is the skaey feelings n that I had yesterday could also of been my chronic fatigue as its the same reaction and im off all my meds so really need to remember im not on them and that I will need to rest more.

Breakfast: 6 x Teaspoons of Ready Brek

morning milky coffee

dinner: 6 teaspoons of chicken soup sieved

afternoon: milky coffee

later afternoon: 6 teaspoons strawberry yogurt

milky coffee

eve meal: 6 teaspoons cream of tomatoe n herbs soup

glass of skimmed milk

sipping throughout the day water n sugar free juice so I dont dehydrate.

So thats my plan for rest of afternoon and evening that way I should be getting more nutrients in as I havent been the last few days :eek: nawty girl.

Pleased you feeling better hun. Sounds like you managing well. Am really looking forward to my chicken soup x

Glad you're feeling better hun :) xx

Glad you're feeling better x

Back