• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rickysmrs - Post-op Diary

DAY 6 POST-OP

Feeling much much better today problem I have is the skaey feelings n that I had yesterday could also of been my chronic fatigue as its the same reaction and im off all my meds so really need to remember im not on them and that I will need to rest more.

Breakfast: 6 x Teaspoons of Ready Brek

morning milky coffee

dinner: 6 teaspoons of chicken soup sieved

afternoon: milky coffee

later afternoon: 6 teaspoons strawberry yogurt

milky coffee

eve meal: 6 teaspoons cream of tomatoe n herbs soup

glass of skimmed milk

sipping throughout the day water n sugar free juice so I dont dehydrate.

So thats my plan for rest of afternoon and evening that way I should be getting more nutrients in as I havent been the last few days :eek: nawty girl.

Glad you are feeling better hon. Hugs
Kat x

Day 7 Post-Op

8 am Milky Coffee

9.15 am 8 Teaspoons Ready Brek

11 am Milk Coffee

1pm 8 Tablespoons Chicken Soup

2pm Milky coffee

3.30 8 teaspoons tomatoe soup

4.30 Glass of Skim Milk

6 pm 8 Teaspoons Custard (yumm)

8pm Glass of Skim Milk

Well all is well in post op land pains when moving are better each day able to do something I couldnt do the day before. One thing I have noticed is that everything tastes much sweeter than pre-op I have much less juice in my glass as I was finding it too sweet and too salty with soups. My other senses are heightened also ie the dogs are very smelly and need a shower lol

Rest of the day was uneventful

Last edited:
One week on:

well here goes 1st weigh in:

Start weight (from 1st Hosp visit) 15st 10lbs
Had to lose for dietitian 15st 2lbs
Pre-op diet start weight 15st 1lb
Op date weight 14st 8lbs
1st wk after surgery 14st 2lbs

Total loss to date 1st 13 lbs

Breakfast: 1 wheetabix skim milk
only managed 3 teaspoons was filling

milky coffee

dinner: 8 teaspoons carrot n lentil soup

milk coffee

even meal: 5 Teaspoons Potatoe n Leek soup

glass of milk

WW choc mouse (half)

glass milk

This is my food for today really really getting cabin fever now allowed out to play on Thurs and its my birthday yayyy wont be doing to much because my fatigue is spiking atm but will be nice to be out n about :) roll on thursday

Last edited:
Congrats on your weight loss so far hun. You're doing really well :) x

Sorry not posted for couple of days my ME (chronic fatigue) has hit big time. Started eating mushy foods from today managed 4 teaspoons of scrambled egg with grilled tomatoe (minus skin) yummm :) will be back in a few days when feeling more energised. xx Good Luck sleeve girl xx

Sorry not posted for couple of days my ME (chronic fatigue) has hit big time. Started eating mushy foods from today managed 4 teaspoons of scrambled egg with grilled tomatoe (minus skin) yummm :) will be back in a few days when feeling more energised. xx Good Luck sleeve girl xx

Hope you're feeling much better soon x

I too have been very busy in and out the loo for the first two days after clear liquids. I thought it could be either milk or veggie soup, or both. Anyway, it was only a couple of days.
@Yvessa, I'd never heard of dumping with a sleeve. Is that really a possibility?

I too have been very busy in and out the loo for the first two days after clear liquids. I thought it could be either milk or veggie soup, or both. Anyway, it was only a couple of days.
@Yvessa, I'd never heard of dumping with a sleeve. Is that really a possibility?

Yes, I know several sleevers who dump.

Yayyyy

Well the start of week five came as another no loss :sigh: but doctors have given me the go ahead to start some of my tablets again (which i couldnt take liquid form as explained earlier) so starting with thyriod to help with fatigue and water retention tablets. First day after taking them I felt sick all day wasnt sure if it was related or not was still abit yucky 2nd day but today all OK so far and best bit about it is (i know mid wk weigh in but oh well) ive lost 2lb which is my 1st loss since I was at hospital. Ive also ditched the wheel chair but told to stay away from crutches for a while longer so im using my walking stick and mobility scooter so im getting some excercise. Go me ive managed almost all of 2 aqua fit classes i did suffer big time afterwards with fatigue but it was worth it to feel im doing something positive :) today is a happy day..........

Well done hun :clap:

thanks sleevie xx

Sorry to butt in, but Bally when I had my sleeve I used to dump very badly with any form of chocolate. Unfortunately, now with my sleeve-pass, chocolate seems to go down a treat and stay down! lol Dammit!

I have read your post with interest, I too suffer from ME and have worried about the pending op. I am having a band fitted next week. The ME is the main reason I am having the band, I can't wait to reclaim my life and be pain free. Good luck for the future and keep posting xx

Nice to Meet you Mia good luck with your pending op an just remember pace pace pace xxx

:D -7lb yayyyy finaly seeing a loss on the scales

Back