• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Strawberry Twig

You will probably be in theatre when I pop onto the ward, so can I wish you all the best with it love, and hope you have a speedy recovery.

xxx

The hospital have called me to say sit tight. They anticipate beds available later today and they will call me around 3pm and let me know what time to go in.

Morning everyone :wave_cry:

I'm not on the losers bench. This is how it went.

Thursday 8th Oct 09 at 1030am (day b4 surgery) the lovely staff from ward 11 called me to say hold tight at home and they will call me when a bed is available. At 3.30pm I get a call to say come in at 6pm which I did.

I met the lovely Marion who was doing fantastic and was full of smiles altho feeling a bit sick and sore that day. I also seen Rach who was shattered and sleepy but recovering well.

Miss Heitman came to see me and ran thru the risks involved in gastric bypass and I signed the consent form. She agreed to go home and have an early night at my request hehe. All was set for the next day. I also met 2 lovely women Lilly and Linda who were scheduled to have their op with Miss H on the friday too. Both had previously had gall bladder removal ops. We all sat and chatted and talked about the pre op diets and the weight we'd lost. Then I had a blood thinning injection into my tummy :eek: which didn't actually sting till she removed the needle?? lol

Next morning 6.30 the nurses came to give me a gown and told me to get all showered for surgery. I was given anti sickness medication and paracetamol and had bloods taken to check my thyroid. Then Ana came and had a chat to me and the 2 other ladies I mentioned earlier about food after the bypass and fortimel etc. Then the gas lady came and asked her questions and did her little tests prodding my neck and looking in my mouth etc. All set to go she said.

One of the ladies I'd met the night before came and sat on my bed in tears and told me she couldn't go thru with the op. I told her its just last minute nerves and that she'd be fine (altho I felt like a nervous wreck myself) but she was adament that she wanted to go home (I later found out that she had indeed gone home and couldn't face the op).

As they were waiting for my blood results they took Lilly down to surgery first and I waited....and waited.....and waited 6 hours actually. At 2.50pm the nurse came and told me she had just had a call from theatre to say my op had been cancelled :eek:. She had no details and wasn't sure if I was gonna be done over the weekend or get sent home :cry:. To be honest after nil by mouth since midnight the night before and waiting all day I felt a massive woosh of relief and just asked for a drink lol. After waiting another hour my husband asked the nurse if I was coming home (as visiting hours was just finished and there was no point him going home if I was coming out) but the nurse still didn't know any details. After a short discussion she told me to go home and they would contact me if I could have the op over the weekend. If not I was to call monday and speak to Miss H's sec to find out more.

So I packed up my stuff said my goodbye's and came home officially NOT A LOSER!!!!

All over the weekend I went thru every emotion possible from joy to low mood and sunday hit the bottom and got very emotional as that was the day I was supposed to be coming home all done and over the worst of it.

So thats my story ladies and gents :sigh:. I called this morning and my new surgery date is Friday 6th Nov 09 first on the list at 0900 hours. So here we go again with the countdown and another 2 weeks of the milk diet.

Hey-what a b*mmer! So sorry to read your story-
You sound as if you've been through the mill there-I admire the way you don't seem to have got really angry-I'm sure I would of - but it doesn't do any good
Fingers crossed for your new date

OMG GUESS WHAT :D:D:D

The lady who manages Mr Khans waiting list just called me!!!!!!! RU READY 4 THIS

Mr Khan has had a cancellation for WED!!!!!! YES WEDNESDAY so i go into hospital tomorrow for surgery wednesday afternoon lmao

yyyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy :D:D:D:D:D

OMG IM :D SO HAPPY & ITS WITH MR KHAN HIMSELF WAHHHHOOOOOOOO

Hi, What a story! I was feeling all sad for you when I read your wonderful news. Glenville is right, your silver lined cloud has arrived. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Rebirth

OMG GUESS WHAT :D:D:D

The lady who manages Mr Khans waiting list just called me!!!!!!! RU READY 4 THIS

Mr Khan has had a cancellation for WED!!!!!! YES WEDNESDAY so i go into hospital tomorrow for surgery wednesday afternoon lmao

yyyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy :D:D:D:D:D

OMG IM :D SO HAPPY & ITS WITH MR KHAN HIMSELF WAHHHHOOOOOOOO

Best of luck!!!

As Glenville has said already...

every cloud has a silver lining!

Love Mini xxx

Just thought I would let you all know that Tammy has had the call and is on her way back to hospital now.

Please all keep everything tightly crossed that everything goes to plan this time and she gets her safe surgery in the morning as planned xx

Wishing ST all the best for tomorrow. What a last minute roller coaster, At least you dont have to do another 2 weeks milk diet, you would be moooing come op day lol

Xx

Looking forward to hearing from you when you're on the 'losers side'. I can't believe that lightening will strike twice!

Rebirth

Hi Tammy,
Can't wait to hear that you've been done!
Will keep everything crossed & hope all goes well

I had a text from Tammys husband at about 1.45 to say she had just been taken down for surgery.

Not heard that she is back on the ward yet, but as soon as I hear I will let you all know.

Just heard that Tammy is back on the ward. Her hubby is on his way to see her so if I get any more details I'll post them later xx

Back